Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Box ran painfully slow

  • Thread starter Thread starter Martincape
  • Start date Start date
M

Martincape

Guest
Hi guys.

Came home from work before, box was already on, the mrs was watching. I went to change channel and it took ages to fire up the bouquet list, then to load the epg, even exiting took ages.

Decided to restart it. That took about 3 mins to reboot!!!!

Seems fine now, but it's the first it's ever done that.
 
Where do you have picons saved to ?, also if it happens again try activating the debugging feature so you can log it, this is pretty much the only way were going to be able to diagnose and repair the problem.
 
Debugging mode is on all the time pal. Picons are saved to the USB along with the EPG.
 
If debugging is activated and saving to the HDD it will cause the HDD to spin constantly. try moving it to the USB stick instead. as for the EPG thats perfectly fine in the internal HDD as it's held in live memory at all times.
 
Check in the logs section and hit menu. Sorry i cant be more specific as i'm at work and not near a receiver to give exact details.
 
Just checked pal. It's saved in /home/root

Is that the internal flash? Is that ok pal?
 
yeah thats fine thats where i save mine too.

next time the box does slow down like you described above wait a minute or two then reboot it and upload the corresponding log for us to check.
 
A reboot taking a long time can have several causes.
One is an internal HDD that's being checked (because the journal tells Linux there may be an issue).
Two is an external mount (a NAS or so) that is not alive.
Three is a large amount of channels/bouquets, timers and autotimers.
Four is one or more plugins causing issues.
 
It's just done it again. Started immediately after watching a program on the internal HDD

I enabled debug mode, left it or a while now it's rebooting. Still!!!

Taking ages to reboot. I can hear the HDD clicking a few times.
 
If you can hear the hard drive clicking then it may be a faulty drive. How old is the drive?

I see from your log that you have a mount point failed also
 
Last edited:
would the box and router need powering off for 30 secs then on as i have to do that the odd time when restarting or rebooting by remote does not work to clear the problem.
 
I think it's the drive. It's only 2 month old WOS fitted it when they sold me the box.

I just clicked on the hard drive button on the remote. It took 30 seconds to load anything up. Now the box is dead slow again. There is something not right with the hard drive which is affecting the entire box.

What can I do? Can the internal hard drive be rebuilt? As in formatted, new partition an remounted etc?

Making the box unusable :(
 
have you tried rebooting as in off/on yet before you dig into the hdd.

if faulty hdd be covered under warranty i imagine.
 
Yea it'll be covered by warranty. I've switched off by rocker switch and gonna leave off for tonight.

I've switched off and on a few times to reboot. But as soon as I want to go into hdd everything slows. Took me 30 seconds to to view menu before!

Could be something has become corrupt on hdd. Everything on it is backed up on laptop so if I have to try a format etc it's no big deal. Just don't know how to do it on the box. Or if it will be possible due to that causing the problem.
 
try formatting the drive ( initializing it ) via the image first to see if that sorts it. sorry i cant give the exact path to the initialization option rite now as i'm at work and not near a receiver.
 
If the HDD is making clicking noises that's a clear sign of a dead HDD. And that would perfectly explain the symptoms you see.
As a final check: if you power the box down, disconnect the HDD and power up again you should be back on a normal boot time if indeed the HDD is faulty. And if that's the case, just contact WoS.
 
After it being totally switched off all night. The box seems fine today. I haven't gone into the hdd yet. I'm on back shift so I don't want to do anything this morning lol. But time shift is enabled and that records onto hdd. Think I'll still reflash and reinitialise everything Friday when I get chance.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top