Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Box well and truly messed up now

  • Thread starter Thread starter ea.xlns
  • Start date Start date
E

ea.xlns

Guest
I have no idea how this happened. Anyway, when box is turned on I get the loading screen with the Vix spinner just infinitely spinning. I have reflashed the box only for the same problem. I removed my HDD and reflashed again and still it's the same.

Tried with a blackhole image and it's still the same...

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thanks
 
what image or images are you trying to flash, have you tried more than one ?
have you tired using a different USB stick as sometimes the box can be a bit picky.
have you tried downloading the image from a different browser to the one you normally use ? as it may have been corrupted in the download.

basically give us as much detail as possible about what you have done and the outcome etc ?. although we dont need to know the colour of your underwear thats just too much detail.

LOL
 
The latest VIX and Blackhole images have been tried.
I'm using the same USB as I did last time when it worked perfectly.
I will download from a different browser now and use a different USB and let you know how it goes.

Thanks
 
Tried this time using chrome and different USB but to no avail. Seems the box is gone...
 
what image or images are you trying to flash, have you tried more than one ?
have you tired using a different USB stick as sometimes the box can be a bit picky.
have you tried downloading the image from a different browser to the one you normally use ? as it may have been corrupted in the download.

basically give us as much detail as possible about what you have done and the outcome etc ?. although we dont need to know the colour of your underwear thats just too much detail.

LOL

Tried this time using chrome and different USB but to no avail. Seems the box is gone...
 
what exactly are you doing and what exactly is the end result, because if you are seeing a message on the VFD or your seeing video output such as the boot screen then the box is far from gone, and there is no need at all to give up.
 
what exactly are you doing and what exactly is the end result, because if you are seeing a message on the VFD or your seeing video output such as the boot screen then the box is far from gone, and there is no need at all to give up.

Tried to restart the box yesterday but it was stuck on the OPEN Vix VU+ Duo Loading screen with the spinner just spinning repeatedly.

Successfully flashed today using different browsers and different USB's but with the same problem. I currently only have the power and HDMI cable connected, with HDD even removed so I can't think of any fixes...

What do you suggest?
 
Have you tried a earlier version of the vix image such as the 2.3 GM image ? Also how long are you leaving the box while on the loading screen ? Leave it 10 minutes then if it has still not booted power off from the rear and back on again If it still does not boot re-flash.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk
 
Have you tried a earlier version of the vix image such as the 2.3 GM image ? Also how long are you leaving the biz while on the loading screen ? Leave it 10 minutes I'd it has jot booted power off from the rear and back on again If it still does not boot reflash.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Tried 2.3 GM now only for the same results. I will reflash for the final time and leave it off for 10 minutes before switching on. BTW are these boxes warranty protected?
 
yes of course there warranty protected, but i still feel the box is not faulty.
 
yes of course there warranty protected, but i still feel the box is not faulty.

I hope you're right. Final reflash done on 2.3 GM with only the power cable plugged in - will leave off for 10 mins or so then plug back in.

Is the warranty void since I have put the VIX image on the box? In other words, do I have to flash the original image?
 
Is it a bootloader problem? Have you flashed the latest bootloader, before loading the image? Just a thought.
 
no these boxes are intended to be re flashed you wont have troubles with any decent retailer.
 
Is it a bootloader problem? Have you flashed the latest bootloader, before loading the image? Just a thought.

Yep - certainly have. Not sure if I need to go down a boot loader when going back to 2.3 GM?
 
If you have updated the BL dont need to do anything apart from flash if you are going to newer or older images on VU+
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top