Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

Don't worry about build warnings.

Just flash the image and use it.

And don't forget to set up your own feeds.
 
I found that after a successful build it would give about 39 warnings, if you just run it again it's much quicker and a lot of the warnings are resolved.
The warnings are not resolved - they just belong to packages that aren't being rebuilt on a rebuild, so don't show up.
 
And don't forget to set up your own feeds.

Thanks for the advice - it is encouraging. However I don't know anything about feeds. I expect plugin feeds to work appropriately after flash.
Are you referring to moving the sources to somewhere safe and pointing to them with the site.conf file?
Otherwise, I have seen a feeds.conf file somewhere referring to local packages but I don't know what this means to my setup.
 
So in the build directory you find the receiver directory and there is an Image and IPK directory ... e.g. builds/......../tmp/deploy/images and ipk
ipk is where the feeds are situated ...
so in meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix I have following line which points to my NAS box and is built into the Image, so when flashed it looks at my feeds. (Huevos has another method posted in a post)

DISTRO_FEED_URI ?= "${@bb.utils.contains("DISTRO_TYPE", "release", "http://192.168.0.171/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}" , "http://192.168.0.171/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/release/
 
Last edited:
So in the build directory you find the receiver directory and there is an Image and IPK directory ... e.g. builds/......../tmp/deploy/images and ipk
ipk is where the feeds are situated ...

Thanks twol, so do I move these ipks to safety and point the feeds.conf to them?
 
Thanks twol, so do I move these ipks to safety and point the feeds.conf to them?

I know Huevos keeps them where they are - just remember that when you flash you need to be able to access them.
Also every time you run a build any updates will be added - so feeds are constantly changed.
 
Thanks twol -some things are becoming clearer now about the structure of feeds and packages, next step is to flash and test anyway and then manage my builds as per the advice given here.

Thanks for all your assistance everyone.
 
so in meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/conf/distro/openvix I have following line which points to my NAS box and is built into the Image, so when flashed it looks at my feeds.
So you do also need to have a Web server running there configured to serve the correct locations.
 
Don't touch anything in openvix.conf.

Put your personal feeds URL in site.conf

DISTRO_FEED_URI = "http://xxxxxxx/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just leave all the files in place on the build server and symlink them to the Apache html root folder. For me no point moving them to another machine.

mkdir -p /var/www/feeds/openvix/experimental/5.3/osninopro

ln -s /home/openvix/5.3/builds/openvix/experimental/osninopro/tmp/deploy/ipk/* /var/www/feeds/openvix/experimental/5.3/osninopro
 
I've just had a go at compiling for the Unibox HDE as it's been a while since images were released. It failed on an error - gstreamer1.0-plugins-good_git.bb:do_compile I think this is the right logfile

Is this box just too old to make an image for or is it something I've done wrong?
 

Attachments

I've just had a go at compiling for the Unibox HDE as it's been a while since images were released. It failed on an error - gstreamer1.0-plugins-good_git.bb:do_compile I think this is the right logfile

Is this box just too old to make an image for or is it something I've done wrong?
What's really needed is the log file mentioned in the ERROR: message, namely:

/home/openvixbuilder/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/release/blackbox7405/tmp/work/mips32el-oe-linux/gstreamer1.0-plugins-good/gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-1.14.4+gitAUTOINC+6fe214e7a9-r0/temp/log.do_compile.14153
 
OK, tried again and exited at a different location, this is the log file mentioned in the error
 

Attachments

As an update, I tried again and it failed at a different stage again, so kept restarting the make and after 4 more fails, it actually completed - just got to get around to flashing and setting up now :)
 
As an update, I tried again and it failed at a different stage again, so kept restarting the make and after 4 more fails, it actually completed - just got to get around to flashing and setting up now :)

I guess my question is how much memory do you have on the box and have you done this? -
modify max_user_watches

echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
sysctl -n -w fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288
 
I guess my question is how much memory do you have on the box and have you done this? -
modify max_user_watches

echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf
sysctl -n -w fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288
If you don't do that and you need it then you get an error at the start of the build and nothing useful happens. So unlikely to be the problem here.
 
I entered the command detailed on the ATV Git page
Code:
echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf

sysctl -n -w fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288

The machine has 16GB of RAM

I did afterwards run a build for one of the unsupported ZGemma boxes and it completed without error.
 
Is it possible to build a Vu+ image, they don't appear to be mentioned in the makefile. If it is then what's the machine name for the Ultimo4K?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top