Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

Code:
https://lists.openembedded.org/g/openembedded-architecture/message/1327

There is even bigger issue with git repos from github.com now:

Code:
https://github.blog/2021-09-01-improving-git-protocol-security-github/#no-more-unauthenticated-git

bitbake git fetcher uses git:// protocol by default and as of today you can experience "short brownouts" and on January 11 it will all fail to fetch (and only fully populated PREMIRRORS can save you for a while, until SRCREV is updated).

Short statistics from current oe-core/master:
martin@jama:/OE/openembedded-core$ git grep git://github.* | grep -v protocol= | wc -l
52
martin@jama:/OE/openembedded-core$ git grep git://github.*protocol=https | wc -l
20
martin@jama:/OE/openembedded-core$ git grep git://github.*protocol=git | wc -l
2

54 from 74 recipes will fail to fetch in oe-core only.
 
And obviously before following Abu's advice you needs your github ssh keys in "~/.ssh" and make sure the private key only has "600" permission.
 
I just followed Abu's suggestion and the build is working again. I have now setup a SSH key as well
 
I think the first link is for building 6.0.x and the second is for 6.1.x, and it looks to me like the next release image will be 6.1.001.

So you probably want the second link: https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2
 
Last edited:

Use the most recent instructions. Due to changes on github the old instructions will give problems.

The current enigma branches have been renamed "Developer" and "Release".

Twol and I have been building from branch 5.1 for some time and the next Release build will be done from that branch.
 
I'll give this branch a try later, are there any patches needed or suggested like when we started with the previous build?
 
I'll give this branch a try later, are there any patches needed or suggested like when we started with the previous build?
should be fine on either ubuntu 20.04/21.04 as Huevos applied the needed patches to the OE-A for 21.04
 
I don't and have copied the oe-alliance-feeds.bbappend file from the previous folder
 
I have successfully built a Vu+ Ultimo4K image but am failing on the ZGemma H7 image.

This is the section in the cooker log
Code:
ERROR: libdvdcss-1.4.3+gitAUTOINC+ba96b4b2aa-r0 do_compile: oe_runmake failed
ERROR: libdvdcss-1.4.3+gitAUTOINC+ba96b4b2aa-r0 do_compile: ExecutionError('/home/openvixbuilder/6.1/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/developer/h7/tmp/work/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-oe-linux-gnueabi/libdvdcss/libdvdcss-1.4.3+gitAUTOINC+ba96b4b2aa-r0/temp/run.do_compile.3229505', 1, None, None)
ERROR: Logfile of failure stored in: /home/openvixbuilder/6.1/openvix/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/developer/h7/tmp/work/cortexa15hf-neon-vfpv4-oe-linux-gnueabi/libdvdcss/libdvdcss-1.4.3+gitAUTOINC+ba96b4b2aa-r0/temp/log.do_compile.3229505
NOTE: recipe libdvdcss-1.4.3+gitAUTOINC+ba96b4b2aa-r0: task do_compile: Failed
ERROR: Task (/home/openvixbuilder/6.1/openvix/build-enviroment/meta-oe-alliance/meta-oe/recipes-multimedia/vlc/libdvdcss_git.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'

I have attached the compile log. Hopefully someone can have a look, if you need anything else let me know
 

Attachments

Not sure how to clean an individual recipe, so have cleared the lot and started again from scratch. It's running now
 
Would be like this (making the path correct for your build env):

Code:
cd /home/openvix/6.1/builds/openvix/developer/vuultimo4k
. env.source
bitbake -c clean libdvdcss
bitbake libdvdcss
 
I've done another build today and compiling the usb-dvb-dvbsky is failing. I did try purging that and recompiling it but that still fails. I've attached the log

EDIT: A ZGemma build succeeds OK, Ultimo4K fails
 

Attachments

Last edited:
I've done another build today and compiling the usb-dvb-dvbsky is failing. I did try purging that and recompiling it but that still fails. I've attached the log

EDIT: A ZGemma build succeeds OK, Ultimo4K fails

Its a Vu+ requirement.
When I had xtrends, I permanently removed this from my builds because it always failed.
However, if you don,t need it trying removing from the makefile not a good fix, but sometimes you just need to move on…..
oe-alliance-core/meta-oe/recipes-oe-alliance/enigma2-dvb-drivers/dvb-usb-drivers-meta.bb
And then to be doubly sure rename the .bb to .xx
 
Its a Vu+ requirement.
When I had xtrends, I permanently removed this from my builds because it always failed.
However, if you don,t need it trying removing from the makefile not a good fix, but sometimes you just need to move on…..
oe-alliance-core/meta-oe/recipes-oe-alliance/enigma2-dvb-drivers/dvb-usb-drivers-meta.bb
And then to be doubly sure rename the .bb to .xx

Thanks, I'll give that a try.

The edit I added was because a ZGemma build successfully builds the enigma2-plugin-drivers-dvb-usb-dvbsky-classic_2.0-r2_all.ipk, don't know if that's any different
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top