Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Build my own Vix image

Which would work fine but someone decided the date needed to be added to the output, which causes the hash mismatch to show on any build where the PR is not updated.
Whilst I remember, my issue with this hash mismatch is that it gets displayed as an error. Errors are meant to stop the build, but it doesn't. So despite being reported and counted as an error it is treated as a warning.
When I look at the end of the build and see it had 11 errors I expect it to have failed. But it might not have done...I have to guess.
 
Still having issues :confused:

I'm still not quite sure which log I need to upload and where from.

There are lots of DeprecationWarning: invalid escape sequence '\w' mentions in this log and the build seems to fail on elfutils

View attachment 65339

Sorry probably missing a lot here, but what is your setup to run these builds and how do you start them.
I have a very simple system (came from an old OpenPli guy) where i can simply run any box build from any main oe- a distro…… works no issues.

So I need to understand why you guy‘s have issues and how I can make it easiier
 
Last edited:
The only package that I am aware of that requires python2 support is hbbtv for the gigablue and meta-python2 has been added for that.
enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-gb is installed as a plugin, so must run under python3 (which it does).

The python code in enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-webkit seems to have issues, though.
 
Whilst I remember, my issue with this hash mismatch is that it gets displayed as an error. Errors are meant to stop the build, but it doesn't. So despite being reported and counted as an error it is treated as a warning.
When I look at the end of the build and see it had 11 errors I expect it to have failed. But it might not have done...I have to guess.
I asked Captain to add the details so that they could be probed for Hardware multiboot, openmultiboot plugin etc by they never were used. Instead we read when an opkg status update was changed for some images to determine the date. Maybe we can use the boxinfo/enigma2-info stuff? So, I will probably ask for them them to be removed.
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/ae1b906634782d8d85f97d336ebee6b26cd403ab

Until then, however there was a commit on 5.3 branch that dealt with date for enigma-info.
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/5d3e0edbe2a3f155b30ce0865bc49f3d3007ba41
 
Sorry probably missing a lot here, but what is your setup to run these builds and how do you start them.
I have a very simple system (came from an old OpenPli guy) where i can simply run any box build from any main oe- a distro…… works no issues.

So I need to understand why you guy‘s have issues and how I can make it easiier

This is my PC spec and how I set up my build environment:

Dell-7010-spec.webp

site.conf
Code:
SCONF_VERSION = "1"
BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "8"
PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 8"
BUILD_OPTIMIZATION = "-O2 -pipe"
DL_DIR = "/media/willo/BACKUP/ViX/sources"
SSTATE_DIR = "/media/willo/BACKUP/ViX/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/sstate-cache"
INHERIT += "rm_work"
BB_GIT_SHALLOW_DEPTH = "1"
BB_GIT_SHALLOW = "1"

Code:
Build instructions

################################################################################

Install required packages

################################################################################

sudo apt-get install -y autoconf automake bison bzip2 chrpath coreutils cpio curl cvs debianutils default-jre default-jre-headless diffstat flex g++ gawk gcc gcc-12 gcc-multilib g++-multilib gettext git git-core gzip help2man info iputils-ping java-common libc6-dev libegl1-mesa libglib2.0-dev libncurses5-dev libperl4-corelibs-perl libproc-processtable-perl libsdl1.2-dev libserf-dev libtool libxml2-utils make ncurses-bin patch perl pkg-config psmisc python3 python3-git python3-jinja2 python3-pexpect python3-pip python-setuptools qemu quilt socat sshpass subversion tar texi2html texinfo unzip wget xsltproc xterm xz-utils zip zlib1g-dev zstd fakeroot lz4



################################################################################

Set python3 as preferred provider for python

################################################################################


sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python2 1

sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python3 2

sudo update-alternatives --config python

Select python3

################################################################################


Set your shell to /bin/bash

################################################################################


sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

Select "NO" when asked "Install dash as /bin/sh?"

################################################################################

Modify max_user_watches


################################################################################

echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf

sudo sysctl -n -w fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288



################################################################################

Clone oe-alliance repository


################################################################################

git clone https://github.com/oe-alliance/build-enviroment.git -b 5.2


################################################################################

Update build-enviroment


################################################################################

make update

################################################################################

Finally, you can either:

Build an image with feed (build time 5-12h)

MACHINE=ax61 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make image


Build an image without feed (build time 1-2h)

MACHINE=ax61 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make enigma2-image


Build the feeds

MACHINE=ax61 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make feeds


Build specific packages

MACHINE=ax61 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make init

cd builds/openvix/release/ax61/

source env.source

bitbake nfs-utils rcpbind ...

I have an extra 120gb hdd which is where I have created my build environment.
 
Last edited:
I asked Captain to add the details so that they could be probed for Hardware multiboot, openmultiboot plugin etc by they never were used. Instead we read when an opkg status update was changed for some images to determine the date. Maybe we can use the boxinfo/enigma2-info stuff? So, I will probably ask for them them to be removed.
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/ae1b906634782d8d85f97d336ebee6b26cd403ab

Until then, however there was a commit on 5.3 branch that dealt with date for enigma-info.
Code:
https://github.com/oe-alliance/oe-alliance-core/commit/5d3e0edbe2a3f155b30ce0865bc49f3d3007ba41

I run builds every day, and if there are issues ( such as fetch issues due to some provider being down handle it). i don,t have issues.
don,t talk to me about boxinfo which is the biggest load of crap ever invented ….when I look at the 100,s of lines of code changed in atv for NO user benefit - you have to wonder.

If this was ever run as a business, you would sack the people involved with this.

Boxinfo uses all the information from SystemInfo & Boxbranding .. and Yes provides a single source but provides no other benefit.
The latest OpenWebif uses boxinfo …… we fixed that in about 30 Seconds without changing our code.

If you wrote any code you would realise that boxinfo is not the nswer.
 
Last edited:
Abu taking a private message from me to you and posting it in a public chat group is outrageous. You are not faithful to this team. Maybe it is time you went your own way.
 
This is my PC spec and how I set up my build environment:

View attachment 65340

site.conf
Code:
SCONF_VERSION = "1"
BB_NUMBER_THREADS = "8"
PARALLEL_MAKE = "-j 8"
BUILD_OPTIMIZATION = "-O2 -pipe"
DL_DIR = "/media/willo/BACKUP/ViX/sources"
SSTATE_DIR = "/media/willo/BACKUP/ViX/build-enviroment/builds/openvix/sstate-cache"
INHERIT += "rm_work"
BB_GIT_SHALLOW_DEPTH = "1"
BB_GIT_SHALLOW = "1"

Code:
Build instructions

################################################################################

Install required packages

################################################################################

sudo apt-get install -y autoconf automake bison bzip2 chrpath coreutils cpio curl cvs debianutils default-jre default-jre-headless diffstat flex g++ gawk gcc gcc-12 gcc-multilib g++-multilib gettext git git-core gzip help2man info iputils-ping java-common libc6-dev libegl1-mesa libglib2.0-dev libncurses5-dev libperl4-corelibs-perl libproc-processtable-perl libsdl1.2-dev libserf-dev libtool libxml2-utils make ncurses-bin patch perl pkg-config psmisc python3 python3-git python3-jinja2 python3-pexpect python3-pip python-setuptools qemu quilt socat sshpass subversion tar texi2html texinfo unzip wget xsltproc xterm xz-utils zip zlib1g-dev zstd fakeroot lz4



################################################################################

Set python3 as preferred provider for python

################################################################################


sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python2 1

sudo update-alternatives --install /usr/bin/python python /usr/bin/python3 2

sudo update-alternatives --config python

Select python3

################################################################################


Set your shell to /bin/bash

################################################################################


sudo dpkg-reconfigure dash

Select "NO" when asked "Install dash as /bin/sh?"

################################################################################

Modify max_user_watches


################################################################################

echo fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288 | sudo tee -a /etc/sysctl.conf

sudo sysctl -n -w fs.inotify.max_user_watches=524288



################################################################################

Clone oe-alliance repository


################################################################################

git clone https://github.com/oe-alliance/build-enviroment.git -b 5.2


################################################################################

Update build-enviroment


################################################################################

make update

################################################################################

Finally, you can either:

Build an image with feed (build time 5-12h)

MACHINE=ax61 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make image


Build an image without feed (build time 1-2h)

MACHINE=ax61 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make enigma2-image


Build the feeds

MACHINE=ax61 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make feeds


Build specific packages

MACHINE=ax61 DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make init

cd builds/openvix/release/ax61/

source env.source

bitbake nfs-utils rcpbind ...

I have an extra 120gb hdd which is where I have created my build environment.

I respect how others do things and what works for me may not work for others .

To begin, I don't mess with site.conf files or anything else. I only install the required packages, then clone the repository and build the image. I make changes to the build files after I see the build completes in its native form.

Attached is a build log that was done today using the 5.3 branch. I wouldn't mess with the 5.2 branch if I'm going to the trouble of building an image.
 

Attachments

To begin, I don't mess with site.conf files or anything else. I only install the required packages, then clone the repository and build the image. I make changes to the build files after I see the build completes in its native form.

Actually this is what I've done today :) I've installed the packages from the ATV instructions because the ViX instructions throw up errors.
I haven't messed with anything and 3 different builds have worked fine.

My build folder is in my home folder. Previously I was trying to build on a spare hdd.

Ideally I wanted to keep everything on a separate drive so that it would survive a Linux reinstall, even if it's just the sources.

I have just tried copying the sources folder to the spare hdd and building from there again but it chucked up a load of errors again.

I'm sure someone said at some point that you can keep sources outside of the build-enviroment if you reference it in site.conf :confused:
 
... also could someone please explain how to set feeds on my home NAS.

Do I change this bit in site.conf to the IP address of the NAS? I assume I would also need to put a username and password somewhere?

DISTRO_FEED_URI = "http://www.openvix.co.uk/feeds/${DISTRO_NAME}/${DISTRO_TYPE}/${DISTRO_VERSION}/${MACHINE}"
 
I have just tried copying the sources folder to the spare hdd and building from there again but it chucked up a load of errors again.
If you put the whole thing onto an external drive it will survive a Linux re-install (as it would if you just put it on its own partition).
I've been doing this for years. It also has the advantage that I can plug it into any of my Linux systems to build things.
 
My bitbake-cookerdaemon.log looks similar (it also contains the invalid \w escape sequences), except that mine ended after a successful 8 hour build run.

The implication from 20230506083404.log is that there is an error on the file system. Lots of things are hitting the
Code:
 except (OSError, IOError) as err:
line.

Is the file-system mounted for write access?(??). Is the file-system clean?
 
Decided to go with my preferred option of using the spare internal ssd.
I've just formatted it to ext4 and mounted it and created a new build-enviroment so just trying again now.

As I'm trying to build for an unsupported box (dinobot4kplus), how do I set it to build the feeds for my preferred server location?
I used to set it in site.conf but I'm not touching that until I've had some success.
 
In your engima2 build instructions, there is a missing step, there is no site.conf to update until you have created one first with make!

13 - Create site.conf

MACHINE=vuultimo4k DISTRO=openvix DISTRO_TYPE=release make

14 - Update site.conf

- BB_NUMBER_THREADS, PARALLEL_MAKE set to number of threads supported by the CPU
- add/modify DL_DIR = " location for build sources " to point to a location where you can save derived build sources,
this will reduce build time in fetching these sources again.
 
That makes sense now. I've never had a site.conf to update unless I save one somewhere or run a build first.

BB_NUMBER_THREADS, PARALLEL_MAKE set to number of threads supported by the CPU

Is this best left as 8 which seems to be default? I think the box is quite low spec by today's standards.

Screenshot from 2023-05-06 16-23-34.webp


My current build has failed at about 48% so doing better than before.
I seem to remember having the same problem before at some point :confused:

ERROR: Task (virtual:native:/mnt/vix/build-enviroment/meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-devtools/nodejs/nodejs_16.18.1.bb:do_compile) failed with exit code '1'
 
The last time I had this error I was advised to add the oe-alliance-feeds.bbappend.
Is there anything else that I need to add to this?

RDEPENDS:${PN}:remove = " \
channelsettings-enigma2-meta \
kodi-addons-meta \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-kodi \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-qt \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-stalker-qt \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-webkithbbtv \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-webkit \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-hbbtv-gb \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-openhbbtvbrowser \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-chromium \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-libvupldemo \
enigma2-plugin-extensions-stalkerclient \
${@bb.utils.contains("DEFAULTTUNE", "sh4", "" , "nodejs", d)} \
"
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top