Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Can a Fransat CI+ Cam work in a Vu+ box?

Yes, using ViX, PLi and many others.
In the timer just set 'recording type' to 'don't decode, record ECM'. Now the recording will be scrambled, and descrambled on playback.

Be aware: the card-key must still be valid. Your provider decides how often the key will be changed; that can be 4-weekly, or even daily.

On a similar basis streams can be coded, including ECM. See 'customize' for the settings involved. Of course this requires the client box to have a valid card to be able to decode.


PS: I have never actually tested this before, but many told me that it works.
I have tested this with my ET10000. It seems that recording is not scrambled with your settings, but box cannot descramble the recordings during playback even if card is installed to CI+ pared module.
Somehow it`s strange that there is possibility in Recording and playback settings to set Default recording type = don`t descramble, record ecm.
That actually does nothing.
So, how to do unscrambleded recordings with Enigma2 and ViX and still playback those?
 
In the mean time I've tested this.
I made not-descrambled recording with VU-DUO2 and Xtrend ET8000; those were not readable with the VU (as expected, cause VU simply doesn't support this), but were fine for the 8k. I used the internal cardreader, as I have no CI(+) module to test.
 
See
Code:
http://wiki.openpli.org/comparison
under 'delayed decoding' for all PLi-supported boxes that support this function.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top