Just to make sure I'm not wasting my time and this is not a supported feature...
I have 4 zGemma receivers in two separate systems. Both systems have a "master" receiver with tuners connected to dish/aerial and a client receiver to watch over the network.
No matter what I do I cannot record successfully on the client box. If for example I start and instant recording on the client the image freezes and as soon as I change channel or browse to watch another recording the recording stops. If I leave the frozen picture it carries on recording, but then I cannot watch anything else or put the receiver in to standby.
I've tried using a common NFS share (on Ubuntu server) and a common CIFS/Samba share (on Ubuntu server) and also mounting the "masters" internal/usb HDD as a NFS and CIFS/Samba share on the client, in all cases using the remote share as HDD replacement.
If I start a recording on the "master" I can happily play it even whilst recording on the client.
Just cannot see what I'm doing wrong. I was assuming that the client would "pass" the recording duty to the "master" so the client could still go about it's day...
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Rob
I have 4 zGemma receivers in two separate systems. Both systems have a "master" receiver with tuners connected to dish/aerial and a client receiver to watch over the network.
No matter what I do I cannot record successfully on the client box. If for example I start and instant recording on the client the image freezes and as soon as I change channel or browse to watch another recording the recording stops. If I leave the frozen picture it carries on recording, but then I cannot watch anything else or put the receiver in to standby.
I've tried using a common NFS share (on Ubuntu server) and a common CIFS/Samba share (on Ubuntu server) and also mounting the "masters" internal/usb HDD as a NFS and CIFS/Samba share on the client, in all cases using the remote share as HDD replacement.
If I start a recording on the "master" I can happily play it even whilst recording on the client.
Just cannot see what I'm doing wrong. I was assuming that the client would "pass" the recording duty to the "master" so the client could still go about it's day...
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Rob