Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Cannot delete a folder

thecaretaker

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Apr 22, 2012
Messages
327
Reaction score
4
Points
18
Location
Southern UK
Website
www.thecaretakers.co.uk
I've got a folder which I uploaded using ftp to the hdd/movie folder which had some movies in it. I watched the movies and then deleted them. But although I can delete files, I can't delete the folder they were in.

I've tried moving it to .trash and pressing red. I pick 'yes' but it is still there.
I've tried deleting it using ftp but it says make sure file exists.
I've changed the chmod to 777 but still no joy.
I can rename it, move it in both, I can do everything apart from delete it.
The ownership is '0' which is the same as all other folders.
I've done a filecheck.

Any ideas?

Is there a telnet command or something I can try with?

What am I missing here?
 
Hi,
look if you FTP program has an option to show hidden files. Hidden files start with a "." and when there are still hidden files you cannot delete directories.

ciao
 
Have you tried telnet?
rm -rf hdd/movie/YOUR_FOLDER
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top