birdman
Moderator
I expect so. I'll track them down (whether a Vix system might have them or not).Also, if you want a black list can you compile one?
I expect so. I'll track them down (whether a Vix system might have them or not).Also, if you want a black list can you compile one?
autofs binfmt_misc bpf cgroup2 configfs debugfs devpts
devtmpfs efivarfs exfat fuse.portal fuseblk fusectl
hugetlbfs isofs jffs2 mqueue proc pstore securityfs sysfs
tmpfs tracefs ubi ubifs udf vfat
frozenset(('ext4', 'ext3', 'ext2', 'reiser', 'reiser4', 'jffs2', 'ubifs', 'rootfs'))
We are not stopping anyone from anything. Birdman and I are just discussing a formula we can all agree on. And anyway the project is open source so users can do what they like on there own box.I don't see any reason why we should prevent users from using devices with working file systems for recording. As in the OP's case, even though he has been locked out of the menu, he can record/playback fine. For arguments sake, somebody's internal HDD on receiver fails, he can use an external ntfs one until replacement arrives.
The hardlinks issue is specific to timeshift only, so any prohibitions should apply to that functionality only.
Anyway picons use softlinks not hardlinks.Still leaves an issue for picons, which are only allowed on
There's no hard-link test, so adding ntfs would be an issue. (And I have my picons on a vfat file-system, as I put them there "by-hand" rather than using the Plugin Browser, so have no hard links)Code:frozenset(('ext4', 'ext3', 'ext2', 'reiser', 'reiser4', 'jffs2', 'ubifs', 'rootfs'))
Which also work on ntfs, but not on exfat.Anyway picons use softlinks not hardlinks.
def getProcMounts():
try:
with open("/proc/mounts", "r") as fd:
lines = fd.readlines()
except (IOError, OSError) as err:
print("[Harddisk] Error: Failed to open '/proc/mounts':", err)
return []
result = [line.strip().split(" ") for line in lines]
for item in result:
item[1] = item[1].replace("\\040", " ") # Spaces are encoded as \040 in mounts.
# Also, map any fuseblk fstype to the real file-system behind it...
# Use blkid to get the info we need....
#
if item[2] == 'fuseblk':
import subprocess
res = subprocess.run(['blkid', '-sTYPE', '-ovalue', item[0]], capture_output=True)
if res.returncode == 0:
item[2] = res.stdout.decode().strip()
return result
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/pull/735
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/pull/127
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/ff8d68241b789f0fc4559c50f0fae56ae83ff10c
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/e2c126e53331d0790c953daefebdf0573cdbdd44
The next release could be some time away, OE changes mean that the build process will take an age to complete, even a week or two.
The commits you need alter 3 files (in 2 folders).....
Code:https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/ff8d68241b789f0fc4559c50f0fae56ae83ff10c https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/commit/e2c126e53331d0790c953daefebdf0573cdbdd44
All you need to do in theory, is rename the 3 existing files to *.orig, copy over the new versions, and restart the gui.
FileZilla makes it very easy.
https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/pull/128
Actually, that might be a bug.
It's possible that result also needs to be made into a string, although I did test the code with an ntfs file system present, I don't think I tried to actually set its mountpoint.
If so, the code can be simplified by doing it once.
EDIT: It's a bug. I can reproduce the crash when trying to set the mountpoint for an ntfs drive.
And I have a fix....
The PR is here:
Code:https://github.com/OpenViX/vix-core/pull/128
The one in the plugin. Then restart.
Hmmm. Did that, but still getting the crash. Log file attached,
Specific action to cause this: select the USB drive in the mount manager; Green button for Setup mounts; select new mount point of /media/hdd; Green button to save. Dialog box appears: "Updating mount locations..." Crash happens.
On one occasion it got past this instead of crashing and said a reboot was necessary. But when I agreed to reboot I got the same crash.
Cheers,
Dan
No idea what you are testing but certainly not the version on the repo. Not even from a 6.0 (Py3) build.