Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Can't get ftp to connect

Trickygee

New member
Joined
Jan 23, 2016
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
East london
Hi all newbie here I've bought a solo2 and have been setting it up since 2pm today and I'm pulling my hair out now as I can't connect the solo to laptop to get ftp going I've tried 2 different laptops with both FileZilla & flashFXP just keep getting connection failed (connection timed out ) tried every password I can find if I hadn't paid so much for it I would have kicked it to pieces never been so stressed out
 
This is how I connect to my receiver (using filezilla):

IP address of your Vu Solo (Menu/Information/Network/ and your box/s IP address will be at the top) enter those details in Filezilla 192.168.(rest of your IP numbers here) for example mine is:

192.168.1.111
username: root (all letters lower case0
Password: nothing...leave it blank
Port: 21

Then hit quickconnect
 
Thanks for the reply yes have treble checked the IP address its defiantly right
Tried user name root and left password blank still no connection
 
Can you ping the ip address of the box?

ping will work from a windows command prompt...... ping 192.168.1.111 (or whatever the address is.)
 
That'll be why ftp doesn't work. The ip address of the box is unreachable from your pc for some reason.

It's nothing to do with usernames and passwords, not yet, anyway.
 
Reckon I might have this Sussed out I had connected the solo to laptop via Ethernet and chopping the the plugs from laptop to fast switch I left one of the plugs out as its been long day lol and it pinged back with the time to live I never thought this would have worked over wireless network so been stressing all day about something that was a peice of piss think I'm gonna warm some humble pie up in the microwave now pmsl
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top