Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Can't mount Ext HDD on vix 3.0

Rahat786786

New member
Joined
Apr 8, 2012
Messages
369
Reaction score
0
Points
0
On vix 2.4I could mount my western digital external HDD and it showed file type as fuseblk. Now whenever I plug it in it says unavailable and mount always fails. My work around at the moment is to connect it to my router and the vu+ duo sees it as a network drive. The problem with this is that movie playback stutters at times and this wasn't the case when plugged directly.

Any ideas?
 
It is an NTFS drive and used to mount perfectly with vix 2.4, infact, last time I went back to vix 2.4 to see if the drive was messed up but it mounted perfectly. I heard there is a way to mount the drive in linux using mount -t ntfs-3g /dev/sda1 /mnt/hdd/ but have no clue what to do. I cannot in anyway format the drive as I have a lot of important data on it.
 
ntfs?? it should be fat 32 or ext 3/4
 
But that's what I am saying, it worked great in vix 2.4 and file type was detected as fusblk
 
sorry too knackerd to think...but hope some one helps you out
 
Oh yeah, I think the feeds are down on the vu. So by doing this command the box will recognize and read from my Ext NTFS drive?
 
What I am trying to say is it doesn't mount and so will that command allow me to mount it?
 
Ok, thanks for the help mate. Strangely enough, playback on the network drive works great today after a reboot of the Vu+ Duo. If it stays like this I won't have a reason to mount the drive lol, here's hoping!
 
I had the same iuuse with a WD ext HDD, I was directed to get the NTFS plug in and after that it worked fine just did that vis the box itself
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top