abu baniaz
Moderator
@bbbuk,
Online updates generally include driver updates.
Online updates generally include driver updates.
I thought that but it doesn't look like it actually updates the drivers. OP said his drivers are dated end of December with build 153 which we know are way too old as build 153 was released beginning of March so will have Feb's drivers or Jan's drivers.@bbbuk,
Online updates generally include driver updates.
http://www.vuplusteam.com/threads/43-Drivers-for-Vu-Solo?p=67883#post67883
I thought that but it doesn't look like it actually updates the drivers. OP said his drivers are dated end of December with build 153 which we know are way too old as build 153 was released beginning of March so will have Feb's drivers or Jan's drivers.
Another user also appeared to be using drivers that did not come with the image they were using. I shall try and find the thread and update this post with it...
UPDATE: This is thread I'm referring to where there appears to be a driver/build mismatch and this was because online update.
I had 4 files under the old format on my solo2. Solo only uses 3 I've just checked.
If you only have drivers dated 31/12/14 then I think you must have done an online update from build 115 or little later as build 115 included drivers dated 31/12/14.
If you have time, can you do some testing with drivers on the backup build 153 for us?
Code:http://www.vuplusteam.com/threads/43-Drivers-for-Vu-Solo?p=67883#post67883
The above website contains official VU solo drivers. Your drivers you said are dated 31/12/14 so if you could download drivers dated 31/12/14 and onwards to see at what point you have the problem. For consistency, I would stick with working build 153 and re-download 31/12/14 drivers again and drivers dated after this.
All those drivers are using the same kernel, 3.9.6.
The idea being is that with working build 153, you replace with drivers dated 31/12/14 and you have no problems and then go higher in driver dates until you find last one that worked, if any.
What do you mean modules is bigger? Do you mean one of the files is bigger? Are they named the exact same and same number of files?...one of the modules is bigger so I am confused still.
Yes, that is correct.Am I putting them in the right place? I am using /lib/modules/3.9.6/extra and doing an init 4 before copying and an init 6 after to reboot.
Did you do an online update to 153 or was that a fresh usb flash of build 153 directly from openvix website?Hello, I don't know is this is a help or not, I have a working solo,( the 1080i issue,) it is the 153 img, and my drivers look like this, maybe size or date can give something.
Hope I can attach the dump. Good Luck, I will stay on 153 until the issue is solved. View attachment 41430
Ok, narrowing it down now.
I need another check when you have the time....
I need you to fresh usb flash 153 and I'm assuming the drivers included in this version are dated 02/03/15 (please check), can you then check filesize differences (and number of files) between the same dated drivers on that vu website I mentioned earlier.
Also, whilst on fresh usb flash 153, can you check if you have the option of animated screens. Should be from Menu > Setup > System > User Interface > Animations
I believe the drivers will be different (either file size or md5) due to introduction of animated screens (I think related to vu gles) and maybe even xbmc support.

Here are the results of comparing the files. Even though the flashed files are dated 4/3/15 they are identical to the 2/3/15 files.
View attachment 41439
I can't see it being a driver related issue (at least on it's own) as exactly the same driver (confirmed by md5) exists in both backup 153 (which is result of an online update from a really old build) and fresh usb flash 153 but yet only the old backup 153 works whereas fresh usb flash doesn't.Working 153 image backup with drivers from 24-10-2014, 31-12-2014, 02-03-2015, 17-03-2015 supports 1080i
Fresh flash 153 with drivers from 24-10-2014, 31-12-2014, 02-03-2015, 17-03-2015 does not support 1080i