gunthergloop
New member
- Joined
- Apr 27, 2011
- Messages
- 11
- Reaction score
- 0
- Points
- 0
After muddling around with trying to get a shared folder on my pc to show up on the Duo, I did a "restart" but the box hung on "Starting...". I left it off (hard-switch) overnight, but this morning it still wouldn't boot.
I reinstalled Vix (2.3GM and later -separately- 2.3.133).
This does fix the problem, in that I can setup the standard satt-channels...
but the problem happens again when I try to add the DTT usb (Nova-T)... In plugins, I select the driver "dvb-usb-dib0700 (1.0-r3)". It appears to install correctly, but at the end of the ream of install jargon there's an error -something like "module not found dvb-usb-dib0700".
(this flashes up at the bottom of the output, then disappears before I can read exactly what it says, but I think that's the gist of it)
If I check the list of available drivers to download at this point it is no longer there (so it is installed?).
If I check the list of drivers available for removal it's not there either (so it's not installed?).
I'm not sure if that is normal or not -I just describe it here because it seemed odd. I realise I need to reboot before it will show up as Tuner-C...
...So I reboot...
*This* is when I get back to the "Starting..." message. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!
I've been at it all day, reinstalling, reconfiguring, etc. etc., but always gets back to "Starting..." as soon as I install the dib0700.
I even re-flashed with the most recent bootloader -v3.0- (something I also did prior to originally installing 2.3.x)... just in case.
As long as I don't install the dvb-usb-dib0700 I can use the Duo as normal -but I'm in Ireland and need this for Irish DTT. (It has all worked fine for the past 6 months or more).
Nothing else installed -no other usb sticks. No cams/ oscams.
The only thing I did before I did (last night) was try to add a network mount -unsuccessfully for some reason. I'm not sure if that's related, but it seems to me -from reading similar problems here since the last udpate- there might be an issue with the Nova-T driver.
All help/ suggestions gratefully received.
(while I'm at it, most people discussing Vix on boards.ie complain that DTT often crashes (blank-screen on DTT channels every few days -requiring reboot). It has been pretty stable for me personally for the past few months, although I don't use those channels as frequently as others.)
I reinstalled Vix (2.3GM and later -separately- 2.3.133).
This does fix the problem, in that I can setup the standard satt-channels...
but the problem happens again when I try to add the DTT usb (Nova-T)... In plugins, I select the driver "dvb-usb-dib0700 (1.0-r3)". It appears to install correctly, but at the end of the ream of install jargon there's an error -something like "module not found dvb-usb-dib0700".
(this flashes up at the bottom of the output, then disappears before I can read exactly what it says, but I think that's the gist of it)
If I check the list of available drivers to download at this point it is no longer there (so it is installed?).
If I check the list of drivers available for removal it's not there either (so it's not installed?).
I'm not sure if that is normal or not -I just describe it here because it seemed odd. I realise I need to reboot before it will show up as Tuner-C...
...So I reboot...
*This* is when I get back to the "Starting..." message. AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!
I've been at it all day, reinstalling, reconfiguring, etc. etc., but always gets back to "Starting..." as soon as I install the dib0700.
I even re-flashed with the most recent bootloader -v3.0- (something I also did prior to originally installing 2.3.x)... just in case.
As long as I don't install the dvb-usb-dib0700 I can use the Duo as normal -but I'm in Ireland and need this for Irish DTT. (It has all worked fine for the past 6 months or more).
Nothing else installed -no other usb sticks. No cams/ oscams.
The only thing I did before I did (last night) was try to add a network mount -unsuccessfully for some reason. I'm not sure if that's related, but it seems to me -from reading similar problems here since the last udpate- there might be an issue with the Nova-T driver.
All help/ suggestions gratefully received.
(while I'm at it, most people discussing Vix on boards.ie complain that DTT often crashes (blank-screen on DTT channels every few days -requiring reboot). It has been pretty stable for me personally for the past few months, although I don't use those channels as frequently as others.)