Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Channel list encrypted symbol source

pmatil

New member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Finland
I'm watching a few encrypted channels with the CI+ module and they all work just fine. Recently our network operator has released some of the channels to be FTA. I also use the encrypted symbol on the channel list and it's very useful. Still, this one channel shows the symbol even though the channel seems to be FTA now (tested to zap to an encrypted channel and select PIP with the other one), should only be able to watch one at a time.

I've tried to rescan the bouquet in question but nothing, still showing the symbol. Where does OpenVIX store the information whether a channel is FTA or encrypted? I'm trying to find out whether I should go to the operator about this or would it be something I can do in the VIX.

I don't really want to reset/reflash for this but if nothing else helps then...

Almost everything else works very well, except infobar EPG which does not update as often as channel list EPG. LCD4linux uses the infobar EPG so basically when the channel list shows that a programme has started infobar EPG (and the LCD screen) still shows the previous programme. Takes about 2-3 minutes for the infobar EPG to update. Weird. I only use EIT EPG.
 
Stored in lamedb. But anyway if channel is marked as encrypted in SI tables clearing the attribute in lamedb is not going to help.
 
What is SI table? If it's in lamedb then a full channel rescan should help?
 
SI = Service Information. It is part of the DVB transport stream. If a channel is marked as encrypted on the transport stream, changing things in lamedb is not going to help. Nor is doing another scan.
 
OK so, any way to see what the SI table says about the channel? If the flag is there I can complain about it to the service provider.

I have tried to rescan the bucket in question but no change. It is worth to rescan everything and delete the channels before doing that?
 
Yes, contact the satellite broadcaster.

Until they fix it, you are wasting your time trying different scan options. Your scan will only find what is being broadcast.
 
Thanks for the tips. I completely deleted lamedb and did a full rescan. Looks good, the encrypted icon has gone for now.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top