Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET8500] channels "blacked out" while recording another

  • Thread starter Thread starter stevie1965
  • Start date Start date
S

stevie1965

Guest
I recently updated to Vix image 4.2.001 and since then have been experiencing a problem where certain HD channels are being "blacked out" whilst recording another channel. I have a twin cable tuner Xtrend 8500 and this hasn't been a problem until after I updated the Vix image.
So for example if I record BBC 2 HD and then change channel to C4 HD the channel is blacked out. This is only happening on HD chanels, if I change to an SD channel whilst recording I can watch it without problem.
Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
The only addon I have installed is mgcmd 1.38
 
Define "Blacked Out" better please. Do you mean on your channel list, they are greyed out or do you mean you have a black picture when trying to watch the HD channel?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sorry, my bad. The channel is selectable but when it appears on screen it is completely black, with occaisional "blocky flashes of light in various areas of the screen.
 
Yes I can confirm this on a MB Premium Twin+ also. Rolled back to 4.1 016 and this has helped a little.

I do notice my SNR fluctuating between 92% and 24%v but very briefly.
 
Last edited:
Do they use the same drivers?
 
i ad the same problem on my solo4k i set turner b for recording now it's working fine
 
Recordings do not always play back properly, some of them suffer from the same "blacked out" issue. I'm guessing this hapepns if a recording starts while I am already watching one of the HD channels that seem to be part of the issue.
 
excuse my ignorance as a new member but what happens now? Will someone from the forum confirm this is actually a bug? and if so where do we go from here?
 
Recordings do not always play back properly, some of them suffer from the same "blacked out" issue. I'm guessing this hapepns if a recording starts while I am already watching one of the HD channels that seem to be part of the issue.

what happens if you set preferred tuner for recordings to tuner B? As per Oscarkyzer?
 
what happens if you set preferred tuner for recordings to tuner B? As per Oscarkyzer?
Just tried setting tuner B for recordings, first left tuner A on "Auto", then tried with tuner A set for viewing. Result in both cases gave the same blacked out picture. Worth a try though!
 
Have updated to the 4.2.006 image but the problem still exists.
According to a number posts on another forum this has been reported as a problem for a couple of months now and still not resolved, but only started to occur from Vix 4.2.001 onwards
Getting very p****d off as I spent extra money to get a box that was supposed to be great quality and can't use it as intended.
 
Not sure but this sounds like the problem i had with autobouqetsmaker set to scan at night, i stopped the scheduled scan and all was fine, just scanned it manually, always have all tuners available now since this change. just to add i am on the latest vix image.
 
Last edited:
I don't use autobouquetsmaker. It's been identified as a driver problem with the Xtrend 8500 box and Vix v4.2, but a fix doesn't seem to be coming any time soon.
 
I don't use autobouquetsmaker. It's been identified as a driver problem with the Xtrend 8500 box and Vix v4.2, but a fix doesn't seem to be coming any time soon.

If its driver related issue you need to contact Xtrend support with your problems/issues. This is through no fault of ViX.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It's been confirmed by the ViX team to be an issue with the current image!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Can someone with a 8500 check their PiP. The "tuner driver Xtrend" issue seems to appear when put that on and switch channels too?!
 
Can someone with a 8500 check their PiP. The "tuner driver Xtrend" issue seems to appear when put that on and switch channels too?!

Are you on Cable or Dvb-S2? as far as I have tested works fine on Dvb-S2:)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top