Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Complete Noob

NigelC

New member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all

I am after some advice please?

Presently I have Sky+ and I am looking to replace this with FreeSat.
I want a system that will allow me to record two or three channels whilst watching another.
The receiver will also need to provide IPTV functions. I would also ideally like to fit an internal HDD as I think it’s much neater than internal system.
Are there dual receivers that will also allow me to record terrestrial digital freebies channels?

I am looking to change the lnb on my sky dish to an octo lnb as I would like to put three or 4 less featured freesat receivers in other rooms for the grandparents and kids.

I know I am probably asking for the moon in a stick and lots of people will tell me to search the forum but I’m struggling to find a simple “flow chart” that points me in the right direction.

I think the (Edision OS mio 4K UHD Grey 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Multi-Stream Receiver H.265 HEVC UHD PVR) is suitable. Am I correct.

Many thanks

Nigel
 
I think the (Edision OS mio 4K UHD Grey 1x DVB-S2X + 1x DVB-C/T2 Linux Enigma 2 Combo Tuner Digital Multi-Stream Receiver H.265 HEVC UHD PVR) is suitable. Am I correct.

This would allow to record one channel and watch another. So if you were recording on Satellite you can watch on Terrestrial. Some satellite channels will be available while recording Satellite, but all depends what channel/frequencies/quadrant etc.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Looking at what you would like from a receiver from your list of requirements, I would personally go the FBC route (a Satellite receiver with FBC), that would give you the equivalent of 8 tuners with 1x Satellite cable to the receiver and then have an additional Hybrid Twin Terrestrial tuner installed to give you your Terrestrial (Freeview) needs.
Then in your rooms/bedrooms use client boxes to feed off one of the 8 available tuners to the main FBC receiver in your room. Beauty of the client mode is no satellite/coax cables are needed, just a network cable (for best results) or get a client box with built in Wifi, but personally go the extra mile and get ethernet cable installed to your desired areas.
For the FBC tuner to be fully optimised one of these are needed >> https://www.world-of-satellite.co.u...niversal-and-unicable-lnb/gt-sat-unicable-lnb
Depending on what you require for your IPTV needs, depends on what receiver to go with. For instance, if you prefer a MAG type GUI for your IPTV viewing, a receiver with the Stalker app is the way to go. Or if you prefer to tinker with your IPTV (channel list etc), then pretty much any FBC compatible receiver will suffice.
Any questions just fire them off!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for the suggestions

I have been looking at the Unicable Lnb as this seems a neater option that multiple cables
You suggest client boxes? What are these exactly or can you point me to something suitable.
I have been looking through the equipment available and FBC only seems available on the high end equipment

Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top