Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo4K] Crash log attached re recording crashes

I thought I read it wasn't intermittent issue and happened all the time whilst pressing <REC> button on remote from within any EPG screen.
But requires you to have an IPTV bouguet with EPG data. Hence I can't reproduce it.
 
Ok, I flashed to .008 (same as OP), with restore of settings for quickness.

I proceeded to record several different IPTV streams (not at same time) from within G-EPG screen by pressing the <REC> button. I did try different streams for about 10mins and I couldn't re-create constant crashing as mentioned by OP.

This is on Solo2 using just OpenTV (via CrossEPG) as EPG provider.

This is also not an IPTV bouquet rather it is normal ABM bouquets with sky IPTV streams added in as per new feature added by @Heuvos. This ensures that the service reference is actual service reference for that channel rather than IPTV bouquet using another service reference?!?

Or maybe could it be a corrupt EPG?

Is it not possible to code in a check of some description to ensure there is something in the variable?

Would debug logs log the EPG info/variable in question?
 
Last edited:
Hi guys thanks firstly for continuing with trying to solve this issue. To be clear, I am using epg import for the majority of the iptv epg via SULS E2m3u2bouquetmaker. I think also, that Xtream is also downloading some epg but only when I do this manually using the plugin. The crash was already happening prior to using Xtream epg...

I have also recently setup bouquets via Xtream editor, this is a mix of dvb-t and iptv. I preferred to use this option as it was easier for me to understand to achieve what I wanted to do.
 
I have just checked the service reference for sky one and sky atlantic that is produced by suls bouquet maker and that produced by ABM. They are both different so that probably means you couldn't use crossepg/opentv as that would go by official service reference i'm guessing. Not sure what service reference suls (ie IPTV provider) uses.

Anyhow, the most obvious difference between recording via <REC> button and AddTimer (green button I believe), is that they both call RecordTimerQuestion but one method passes "True" when calling it and the other doesn't. The AddTimer method passes the "True" to RecordTimerQuestion.

However, this code hasn't changed in over 6 months.

Could it be due to invalid service reference?

@DuoDuo, what source is used within EPG Import?
 
The iptv providers own source is used in epg importer bbbuk, you select this in the sources area...
 
The iptv providers own source is used in epg importer bbbuk, you select this in the sources area...
Does your IPTV provider support 7 day EPG?

@Abu/@Birdman, could this be reason why it crashes but obviously there is still question of why one method handles the recording ok and the other method crashes out.

@DuoDuo, off topic but have you thought about using ABM and replacing the black channels with IPTV instead? This method allows you to use OpenTV/CrossEPG with full 7 day EPG support (if your EPG provider doesn't support full 7 days)
 
Current iptv provider only supports five day I believe. I was going to do the ABM way today and then realised I can't run it because I no longer have a sat dish... This is something that has only started happening in the last two builds bbbuk
 
@Abu/@Birdman, could this be reason why it crashes but obviously there is still question of why one method handles the recording ok and the other method crashes out.
Te one that crashes out is looking up a serviceref in the EPG data and not finding it. That's from looking at the source code location reported in the crash.
Not having any IPTV channels I can't reproduce this.
 
Trying to trace back through the code and EpgSelection or EpgList haven't been amended in at least 6 months. Couldn't find any obvious (to me) relevant code that changed since last 2 releases ago when this was ok!

I've just recorded an IPTV channel from a IPTV bouquet that was created with sul's plugin same as OP. I didn't have an issue with crashing.

@DuoDuo, on one of the channels that crashes (ie Sky One HD), can you check the relevant bouquet and does the service reference for this specific channel begin with "1:" ?

Sorry if you have mentioned this earlier but have you put box to sleep (init 4) and deleted your epg.dat file and rebooted then downloaded EPG again?
 
Last edited:
Trying to trace back through the code and EpgSelection or EpgList haven't been amended in at least 6 months. Couldn't find any obvious (to me) relevant code that changed since last 2 releases ago when this was ok!

I've just recorded an IPTV channel from a IPTV bouquet that was created with sul's plugin same as OP. I didn't have an issue with crashing.

@DuoDuo, on one of the channels that crashes (ie Sky One HD), can you check the relevant bouquet and does the service reference for this specific channel begin with "1:" ?

Sorry if you have mentioned this earlier but have you put box to sleep (init 4) and deleted your epg.dat file and rebooted then downloaded EPG again?

I will let you know re the service ref once the receiver has rebooted. Put it to sleep using init 4 and deleted the epg.data file. How do i now reboot please? Not familiar with using ssh commands
 
OK figures out how to reboot.

Just running epg import now, will then try to record from GEPG and report back. If all good, I will then use Xtream epg and try to record from GEPG.
The service ref for Sky One starts with 4097:0:1:8900.....
Sky one HD is similar
 
Crashed after recording using record button within epg guide after epg import plugin being ran.
 
Can't currently get the epg to run through Xtream so will need to report back on this but at least we know it is definitely crashing when epg refresh has been run and hopefully this is useful
 
That service reference is an IPTV streaming reference. I have my box set to use 1: .... service reference for IPTV as on my box this doesn't result in me having viewing issues whereas 4097 serv references do. This maybe why I couldn't re-create issue.

Within Sul's plugin, there is an option about making serv references use IPTV (4097: ...) or not (ie normal 1: ...)

Could you, backup image and save locally and try following...

Change option within Sul's to not use IPTV streams and re-run plugin. This should mean your serv ref's like Sky 1 will begin with 1:

View a channel via bouquet list (not IPTV plugin like XC) just to check nothing wrong with watching IPTV streams with 1: at beginning. Most boxes are ok with this but not all (I hear).

If you can watch sky one via bouquet (generated by sul's) then init 4 again and delete epg.dat and "init 6" or "reboot" to reboot box and try recording again.

UPDATE: Sounds like epg import is issue or the EPG being imported from your supplier is issue. You mention epg refresh. Do you have cable tuner? Sky doesn't use epg refresh but not sure about teresterial tv.
 
Last edited:
How do i now reboot please? Not familiar with using ssh commands
If you are logged in and have typed init 4 you can reboot the box by typing:
Code:
reboot
or just retart the GUI (which init 4 stopped) by typing:
Code:
init 3
 
Crashes when also using Xtream epg too. You got me thinking about something I have done recently actually bbbuk. I changed to have each bouquet start at channel number 1, not sure if this could be causing the conflict? Can't now remember how to disable?
 
SULS plugin being E2m3u2bouquetmaker you need to select a provider to generate bouquets? Epg importer is how I can get the epg, here I can choose to not select provider/iptv supplier. Is this what you mean.

Sorry for confusing matters by mentioning epg refresh it was meant to say importer.
 
Found the setting for channel numbers and reverted to no. Still crashes on pressing record button inside epg
 
I changed to have each bouquet start at channel number 1, not sure if this could be causing the conflict? Can't now remember how to disable?
I'm not sure how you could ever enable this (given that the EPG numbers channels consecutively from one as they appear in bouquets). Nor why you would want to, as you'll then have multiple channels numbered "1", so what would happen when you press the "1" key?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top