Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo] Crash when mounting network share

  • Thread starter Thread starter edanto
  • Start date Start date
E

edanto

Guest
As I was trying to add a network share (my NAS), I got a black screen crash and reboot cycle. Wasn't too bad, did a reflash and backup to get back to where I was, but I'd still be interested to know (a) what on earth might have gone wrong and (b) what should I do to mount my NAS so I can play my video files.

For mounting the NAS, I went to System/Network/Device Setup and then Mount Manager to set up the User account which has permissions on my NAS. Then, tried to browse to the NAS via NetworkBroswer. 'OK' didn't expand the host, just got the spinning logo for a while and then the same hostname displayed.

I tried to manually set up the account through Add New Network Point. It's a CIFS share, and I just put in the details of the account with access to the NAS. Fairly confident of the details since I'm using the same details on my Ubuntu machine - but the Ubuntu machine is a bit more forgiving to n00bs like me.

Anyways, crash log attached, if anyone can advise I'd appreciate it.
 

Attachments

thanks, added a fix for next update.
 
Brilliant, much appreciated. Is that the kind of update that will go out as an online update for 2.3, or will it be 2.4 before it's applied?

Continued thanks for all the hard work on VIX, it's dead sound of y'all.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top