Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Cross over Network Cable IP address

bjolly

New member
Joined
Aug 13, 2011
Messages
50
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

Up until now I have been using a 3G broadband dongle with a 3G router but, The router fails to recognise my new dongle so I have set up my internet connect via my laptop using ICS and all is well......Until I wish to update a bouquet ! I cannot find my IP address on the VU+ as it does not have one so how can I update using dBedit or other prog as I am unable to log into the VU+. I have used ipconfig /all but the VU is not reported.

I tried to set up a static IP address but lost all comms.

Can you help ?

Regards

BJ
 
Are you saying that there's no ip address showing if you go into network device settings in VIX?

That would suggest that your ICS isn't working properly and isn't providing an address via DHCP.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Yes that correct but dhcp is set to yes in adapter settings. If I try to add an ip address the VU wont connect to the internet.

It may well be that I am not setting up a static IP address properly but I am at a lose to know what I am doing wrong.

Bj
 
I know this is a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway just so I'm absolutely clear.

I take it the sat box doesn't connect to the internet at all?

What ip address are you seeing manually? 192.168.x.x?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
The VU is connect to the internet via my laptop and I can use cross epg, download new versions etc. when I look at the adapter settings it has N/A in ip address, netmask and gateway. It does have a weird primary dns 208.67.222.222

I can also access the vu+ from the laptop under network

Bj
 
If you can see it from the laptop then try typing netstat from CMD prompt on the laptop. You should get a list of devices and ip addresses.

No, cancel that, it's been too long a day :-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Last edited:
If it's XP, the address should be 192.168.0.x,so you could set a manual address like 192.168.0.20 and that should work with default gateway of 192.168.0.1.

If it's Windows 7, then the address is normally 192.168.137.x, so you could try 192.168.137.20.

In both case the subnet mask would be 255.255.255.0

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Ok, Should I manually edit the dns settings ?
 
If it works, I would just leave it alone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Ok it works, but I dont understand why.

Thanks for your help. I updated Mr Mr settings from online but they are quite old 24/08/12

Bj
 
I don't think ICS plays nicely with non-windows clients but I don't understand why the sat box would have connectivity but not show an ip address in the settings.

The DNS address you have will be your ISP's DNS server. Normally your router would act as DNS server but I guess ICS doesn't.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
 
Found it !

I checked my net services running and found that some were disabled or in manual.....so I started them and now I have ip address and can access the VU+ from laptop via cross over cable.

Thank you all for your input
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top