Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[CrossEPG-Config] Crossepg hangs on reading titles - help please

dude1

New member
Joined
Nov 4, 2013
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
Points
0
As title crossepg hangs when on reading titles at 195kb & after around ten minutes that disappears & it releases the box.

A few details. My box is a VU+ Solo2 running latest vix 775. I have had it around a month & have not a problem with crossepg until the last week. I've had it on auto update every morning a few minutes after an auto bouquet update has completed which saves to the usb stick. All was updating fine, last good update when I looked back was the 28.10 so I only noticed today when I had blank spaces that it hadn't worked since then.

I've so far tried the following without success.

Reflash 775 from usb stick & reinstall backup of my settings & plugins, manual crossepg update..
Download & restore 775 through box & reinstall of my settings & plugins, manual crossepg update.
Telnet into box, init 4 to standby box, ftp to delete epg.dat & crossepg folder from usb, init 3 to reboot box, manual crossepg update.
Change epg save location from /usb back to default /hdd, manual crossepg update.

They all give the same result where it hangs at the same point then takes a while to release box. Also it used to go to the blue openvix wallpaper with a radio station playing audio when doing a manual update but now it just stays on the current channel.

Hope somebody can offer some help as I've spent many hours today trying to sort it but cannot.

Thanks.
 
Hi dude

I think a few of us are having the same problem:

http://www.world-of-satellite.com/s...EPG-crashes-at-reading-titles-on-new-CROSSEPG

It seems a bit hit and miss whether the fixes mentioned work. I've just reflashed back to build 770 and all seems well (epg just completed a full update). I think just be patient and wait for andy and the team to sort this out as they inevitably will. Those boys are the dogs!
 
Thanks very much for the links above. I've managed to get a manual update to work now which was done back on the blue vix wallpaper screen with radio audio.

I downloaded the older image 774 then restored to that. Then reinstalled my settings & plugins. Then did the manual crossepg update.

Success. Hopefully the guys will find the problem with 775.

Thanks again for the quick replies :thumbsup:
 
I was having this exact same issue myself as described above on my Duo2 with Vix Build 775 when downloading the OpenTV 28.2E EPG and tried unsuccessfully all the steps suggested to rectify it. I was using the XMLTV-Importer as a workaround with the Rytec UK XMLTV which worked fine although was not as accurate as the OpenTV download using CrossEPG.

However, I updated today to Vix Build 776 and CrossEPG downloaded the OpenTV 28.2E EPG successfully for me. The CrossEPG version info show as as version 7.01.

Thanks to all involved in fixing this in the new build.
 
I'm getting the same problem too on my ET9000. I did a clean install of 775 and the problem reared its ugly head. I've since updated to 778 and its still the same.

A couple of things I've noticed are that there's only 1 option for Sky 28.2 instead of the previous two, and when it downloads it doesn't change to the radio channel.
 
A couple of things I've noticed are that there's only 1 option for Sky 28.2 instead of the previous two, and when it downloads it doesn't change to the radio channel.

Both of those are features and intensional as part of the upgrade to CrossEPG.
 
Yes, there is no need to switch to radio channel now & 28.2 is all that's needed for Sky UK & IRE.
A few people have mentioned this now but not one debug log has been uploaded.
As none of the team can reproduce this, it's going to be impossible to find the issue without those logs...
 
No logs for this.

I managed to get the epg populated but it took nearly 20 minutes instead of the normal 1-2 minutes.
 
You can activate debuglogs at any time. If you have debuglogs de-activated, they will indeed not be produced.
 
OK I'll check that tonight when I get in from work (I normally have it switched on). If it isn't on I'll give it a whirl and see what happens.
 
The epg problem has been fixed by upgrading to 776 for most of the boxes but not for ET9200. I have a ET9200 and will to get a log of the failure. Does anyone know how to enable the log and the log location please?

I assume it's the one in /var/log/messages?

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top