Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Dead Vu+Duo repair guide

  • Thread starter Thread starter ford
  • Start date Start date
I get the red light on my Duo. Changed the two caps and still made no difference :(
 
Assuming it a geniue and not a clone it could be the regulator.
 
It is a genuine and i tried changing the regulator (U801) but no joy.
 
I got the red light on my Duo. Changed the C807 cap and its back to life ..happy days!!:p
My duo had been acting sluggishly for a while (spinning vix on changing channels and more glitching than usual for the past three months before it got the red light.Anyway thanks for the repair guide:thumbsup:
 
Quick question...
I only have a 470uf capacitor available, will this one work or damage my VU+ duo?
 
Add me to the success list :) 10 mins all in.

Nice one bud. I need to find the time to look at my brothers Duo as he had a attempt him self and it's still now working. He likely botched the solder job knowing him, bloke can weld any thing to any thing, but cant solder for shit.
 
Any of these from Mаplins will work

N89KF 330uF 50v
DT64U 220Uf 50V
N86KF 220Uf 35V
 
Don't forget to place a ceramic capacitor parallel as well.

Shall it only be in parallel with C807 or any of the other capacitors as well?
Any suggestion of what value/voltage to use.



I discussed the issue at work with our senior HW designer that also has a Vu+Duo box and it was his suggestion too and then I haven't read this tread.
It's very common that hight frequency noice kills the caps rather than the heat but the combination isn't improving the situation.
If it was only the heat many other caps would need to be replaced since there are plenty of them in the box.
 
WOW WOW WOW!

Thought I'd give this ago today, so went and got my capacitor - cost me 84p - 15 minutes and a burnt finger later I switched the Duo back on. It came right back from the dead! I'm delighted!

Thanks for all the advice guys :thumbsup:
 
Afternoon everybody not been on here asking questions for a long time BUT I now have this red light problem..After reading the tut I thought that sounds straight forward enough only problem is the capacitor on this duo is nothing like the one in the pics, it is a lot smaller and is kind of just flat across the two point +/-.. Any advise would be much appreciated, I think the duo is about 15months old... Cheers John
 
That is a SMD, surface mounted device. They changed them to hopeully fix the issue. Obviously not worked.

You can use the ines that have been posted in this thread.
 
Thanks for the reply just wanted to add that this only happened after a few problems with the box I did a re-flash with the latest duo vix image and bootloader..This is when it actually happened straight after flashing the 3.0 bootloader.. Could this be a software issue rather than a hardware one even tho I did use the correct files to flash the box..
 
H...
I have SMD rework equipment.
Hot air, and IRDA.
Not fishing for work, but if you get stuck please feel free to PM me.
....

Hi Ford. I would like to send you a PM about this. Your inbox is currently full though.

Thanks

reverend
 
Hi Ford after replacing the cap (didnt solve the problem ) i noticed the c 801 chip had blown can you give me a price to replace the 801 chip

thanks boomer
 
hi guys ..well thought i had same red light of death ..but after getting prof. help ,turns out my box will need new mother board ..is there anyone on the forum with the same problem .. and where would i be able to pick up mother board for vu duo ,,thanx for any replies ..
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top