Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ViX_Misc] Dinobot 4K+ - Any chance of Openvix Support?

dodgydrains

New member
Joined
Jul 23, 2016
Messages
58
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi,

Not really sure where to ask, so apologies in advance.

Are there any plans for Openvix to support the Dinobot 4K+?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The image was built but there were issues with some skins and transparency. Don‘t know current situation but perhaps Sicilian will update.
 
Thanks twol.

I am really interested as it looks a compelling box similar to Octagon sf8008 but with 2gb ram. Will get it if only it had official vix support.
 
I was an early adopter in the hope of ViX support for it.
There were a lot of problems with skin transparency and I think it was redrawing or refreshing but all seems fine now.
Not really a fan of ATV though and not had a lot of time to experiment with other images.
 
Maybe avoid the link in the 1st post if you want to avoid possible riskware.
 
I was an early adopter in the hope of ViX support for it.
There were a lot of problems with skin transparency and I think it was redrawing or refreshing but all seems fine now.
Not really a fan of ATV though and not had a lot of time to experiment with other images.

Hopefully ViX do decide to support it as I am also not a great fan of ATV. It's the only thing stopping me from taking the plunge.
 
I wasn't aware, is there a way to remove the link? I cannot edit it now.
A mod will need to do it if they thinks it's needed. My antivirus says there is riskware.
 
Decided to buy the box as I got a very good deal on it. Openatv came pre-installed and took 30 minutes to set up from scratch.

It would really make it the perfect box with ViX support as it is's much easier and more intuitive than ATV.
 
It depends on the skins as to whether you have the issue .... unfortunately some of the older ViX skins use black and grey layers which become transparent on the Dinobot .... this was certainly true on the 4K and the mini. Otherwise they were very fast receivers that work well for me but sometimes have some unusual crashes down to I think the drivers.

If you want a ViX image you could learn to build an Image (not an impossible task) as all the support code is installed in ViX.
 
If I get time I will run a build and test it .... but unlikely this week.
 
Sicilian & twol, that is brilliant news that there may still be a chance of ViX on this box. It is one amazingly snappy stb on the E2 side. I have tested it side by side against the VU+ Uno 4K SE and this box loads faster. It just has a couple of driver bugs which hopefully will get fixed with updates and maturity.
 
It just has a couple of driver bugs which hopefully will get fixed with updates and maturity.

It's had a bugs for a long time that have never been resolved. Also the the Android boot part of it is using a non official hacked ROM.

The Octagon SF8008 and Zgemma H9 models are a better choice if you want a low cost Hisilicon box, they're much better supported.
 
I've added the machine to my next dev build, I'll give it another test. If it still has the alpha blending issues it had last time it wont go any further, sorry.
 
Didn't like that at all

ERROR: OE-core's config sanity checker detected a potential misconfiguration.
Either fix the cause of this error or at your own risk disable the checker (see sanity.conf).
Following is the list of potential problems / advisories:

Error, the PACKAGE_ARCHS variable contains duplicates. The following archs are listed more than once: u52


EDIT: I'm pretty sure the alpha blending issues have been addressed.
It all seems to work fine on ATV, I just don't like ATV.
Sicilian is correct ... just a mental aberration!

So running builds at the moment (with alpha blending change)- will test later or tomorrow morning.
 
Just installed a new build and I believe the transparency issue is still present..... perhaps Sicilian can confirm
 
Just installed a new build and I believe the transparency issue is still present..... perhaps Sicilian can confirm

can you put a capture that we see that transparency as it is?
 
can you put a capture that we see that transparency as it is?

Issue is still present.

Dinobot has issues displaying certain PNG's, therefore has issues with certain skins. Hisilicon CPU's do not support alpha blending. Normally can be turned off by adding this to configure.ac:
Code:
https://github.com/OpenViX/enigma2/blob/Dev/configure.ac#L474

Light grey areas should not be light grey.

For now it remains on hold.
 

Attachments

  • screenshot_20190429051316.webp
    screenshot_20190429051316.webp
    28.5 KB · Views: 17

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top