pooface
V.I.P
- Joined
- Jun 1, 2010
- Messages
- 9,731
- Reaction score
- 25
- Points
- 48
Hi guys.
I have currently been using an e-sata drive to have recordings etc on my box, and have been backing this up to another usb external drive by connecting the drives via a linux pc and the usb connection, then transferring the new files over when I want to backup...
Now, I was considering purchasing an internal sata drive to put all my recordings on, since I can get a 2tb for pittance nowadays... But, I was just wondering 1 thing... It'd be a nightmare having to undo the box everytime to take out the hdd and transfer the files over...
Now, can I connect an e-sata hdd at the same time as the sata hdd in the duo box?! My guess would be yes, as they are both independant ports, unlike the dm800, which required the e-sata cable to be connected to the internal sata cable... But just want to check if anyone else has had a success with this?!
If this is possible, then what are transfer speeds like?! Is it quite slow to transfer files, since the bus speed in the duo might be slow?! Or does it work quite quickly?!
Thanks again for all info given
I have currently been using an e-sata drive to have recordings etc on my box, and have been backing this up to another usb external drive by connecting the drives via a linux pc and the usb connection, then transferring the new files over when I want to backup...
Now, I was considering purchasing an internal sata drive to put all my recordings on, since I can get a 2tb for pittance nowadays... But, I was just wondering 1 thing... It'd be a nightmare having to undo the box everytime to take out the hdd and transfer the files over...
Now, can I connect an e-sata hdd at the same time as the sata hdd in the duo box?! My guess would be yes, as they are both independant ports, unlike the dm800, which required the e-sata cable to be connected to the internal sata cable... But just want to check if anyone else has had a success with this?!
If this is possible, then what are transfer speeds like?! Is it quite slow to transfer files, since the bus speed in the duo might be slow?! Or does it work quite quickly?!
Thanks again for all info given
