Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Engima 2 - Samsung SMART TV Streaming app

@M1nz - ok - I've got the answer already.
A last minute change didn't find it its way into the service id picon discovery but did with the service name...

I'm preparing v1.6 right now with a fix to resolve this.

I feel sorry for the image developers - there are so many combinations to test/build for here that it's a real challenge to cover them all!
 
Last edited:
v1.7 is now available to download from here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/23/e2stream-v1-7/

Thanks to all those who've reported bugs and or requested new features!

change log:
Code:
v1.7 - 23/11/2014
 * Updated detection of separators and categories/headers in bouquets that has 
   been the primary cause of bugs surrounding missing picons
 * Add ignore of bouquet when there are no channels present
 * Updated the display of channels to correct issues when number of channels 
   in a bouquet is less than 5
 * Added device id/picon mode to the about screen.
 
I can confirm picons are now working.

I am still seeing hidden channels bouquet using ZoomZoomLuke's Custom 28.2 xml.

Also some channels don't have picons eg bbc interactive and show ?. Could have a default icons if ?

Also does the buffering always takes a few mintues to load
 
Last edited:
I can confirm picons are now working.

I am still seeing hidden channels bouquet using ZoomZoomLuke's Custom 28.2 xml.

Also some channels don't have picons eg bbc interactive and show ?. Could have a default icons if ?

thanks M1nz.
I'll look at hidden channels at some point to see if this info gets passed over the openwebif call.
Do they show in openwebif? If not, I should be able to fix this.

For the picons, I made a deliberate choice not to check if they exist on every request to them, but I've an idea for a simple solution to fix this also.

buffering seems to vary per channel and according to your network.
Some channels seem to buffer very quickly compared to others, though I've not quite worked out why just yet!
 
Is does show in openwebif but no channels just empty. They don't show on box bouquet. The bouquet has the word hidden
 
For those interested but not tried, here's a very short video of v1.7 in action
 
regarding the buffering i am running 1GB network connection but think the TV runs on 100MB on the LAN
 
Anyone else having mixed results? I get quick response (little or no buffering) with some channels, slow response (buffering 5-10 seconds) with others and nada (buffering forever) with others. All that said, I'm still gonna have Pembo's babies cos I really appreciate all that he's doing.;)
 
Anyone else having mixed results? I get quick response (little or no buffering) with some channels, slow response (buffering 5-10 seconds) with others and nada (buffering forever) with others. All that said, I'm still gonna have Pembo's babies cos I really appreciate all that he's doing.;)

Is your Tv on wireless or LAN connected
 
The other thing I've noticed is my older TV struggles more than the newer one...

It seems models of the TV behave differently despite using the same APIs which makes life very difficult.
I've got two TVs to test on and irritatingly get different results on both!
(E and F series!)
 
Out of interest - has anyone tried the 'recordings' playback yet?
I've not tested this too much other than to confirm it works for me!
 
Anyone else having mixed results? I get quick response (little or no buffering) with some channels, slow response (buffering 5-10 seconds) with others and nada (buffering forever) with others. All that said, I'm still gonna have Pembo's babies cos I really appreciate all that he's doing.;)

A couple of times during testing it dropped the stream for some reason... I need to put in some code to detect this and try again, which might explain the buffering forever issue :o
 
Out of interest - has anyone tried the 'recordings' playback yet?
I've not tested this too much other than to confirm it works for me!
Yep Pembo. I had a quick gander and looked good... recordings displayed ok and played a couple of them for a minute or two and playback was perfect. Also deleted them via the app. I'll give it a good spin later.
 
Feedback on recordings - when you hit the yellow button the list of recordings is displayed but the previous screen contents are also visible (ie program listing). Also when you select a recording the now/next from the tv listing is also displayed for a few seconds.
 
Thanks Mike - those should be reasonably easy bugs to fix... also need to put in controls to rewind / ffwd / etc!
 
I am still seeing hidden channels bouquet using ZoomZoomLuke's Custom 28.2 xml.

Fixed this - will be available in the next release probably at the weekend
 
Wow...It works...Thanks a lot guys!!!!

Awesome ..super cool...Really good work Pembo!!

Just a couple of queries, when I try to increase the volume it video goes off.. and also is there an option to switch on subtitle? ...
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top