Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Engima 2 - Samsung SMART TV Streaming app

Just a quick update on what I've been working on.

I've rejigged the startup now to hopefully work better and give more information.
A couple of people reported a long startup time that I can't replicate - i'm hoping this will have fixed it, but if not, at least I'll now have some idea of where the issue lies.

Also put a clock on the front screen, and changed the switch between recordings/TV to work more smoothly.

Changed the volume/mute handling - not sure if this will fix the issue with the H-series TVs, but I'll test it first here to see if it works on my TV and if it does, it'll go out like that and I'll wait for feedback from those with the H-series TVs.

I hope to get the release out tomorrow after a few more changes to improve stability.
There's been significant changes put in again, so I want to be confident of them first before I release which means testing on the TV itself - I don't trust the emulator!
 
E2Stream v2.0 available to download here:
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/29/e2stream-v2-0/

change log:
Code:
v2.0 - 29/11/2014
* Implemented volume up/down/mute to try and fix issue
  with H Series SMART TV models. OSD Still todo
* Changed start up routine massively to provide more
  information on startup and help optimise this.
* Fixed switch between TV/Recordings views
* Disabled settings change in recordings view
* Added clock to front-screen top right corner
* Changed infobar removal routine for stability
* Fixed scrolling issue on E series within recordings view

For those with a H-Series TV, can you let me know how the volume/mute changes go...
 
Hi Pembo. It takes about 50 seconds for the app to initialse on the H-Series.

1. Does not play the channel anymore when you press click on play
2. The Hidden Channels don't show anymore so seems to be fixed
3. Don't know if you looked at the picon channels that show ? eg interactive channels, You could default them to blank
4. Volume/Mute works but until I can full screen cant test
 
@M1NZ, are you pressing the 'enter' key to start streaming the channel?

What text does it show on the screen for the longest period of time during startup?

I've had a quick look at the picon issue but not decided on the best way yet to fix this without it causing a performace problem, but I'm still working on this.
 
Last edited:
Just tested this - the play button isn't working correctly. Use the 'enter' button. i'll fix the play one in the next release!
 
Hi Pembo,

I see initialising which takes about 50 sec. Also I am pressing the enter key and it does not work. Normally it shows full screen and play the stream but when I press the enter key just stays on the channel selection screen
 
Hi Pembo,

I see initialising which takes about 50 sec. Also I am pressing the enter key and it does not work. Normally it shows full screen and play the stream but when I press the enter key just stays on the channel selection screen


press the 'enter' key again and it'll probably go full screen.
I'll take a look but I can't replicate this on either the emulator, E or F series.
 
Tried it many times and it does not. If you long press the entre key its starts the stream but goes back to the channel listing
 
Tried it many times and it does not. If you long press the entre key its starts the stream but goes back to the channel listing

Hmmm. Bloody Samsung! Not sure what they've done with the H-series TVs that makes them so different!
I'll take another look

I have a possible reason... i'll prep a beta and PM you to test if you don't mind :)
 
Last edited:
hi lads ... any luck with the beta release for us sad h series users on v2.0 ?:confused:
 
Ok - looks promising.
Mike, I'll PM you.
 
Last edited:
E2Stream v2.2 is now available to download as part of my quest to fix the issues on a H-Series TV.
http://www.pembo.co.uk/2014/11/30/e2stream-v2-2/

As I don’t have an H-Series it’s a bit of struggle to replicate the issues!
I’ve tested v2.2 in the 2014 Emulator, and E series, and an F series and confirm this works as expected against my enima 2 set top box (running openvix Apollo 090).

Thanks to everyone who's helped with this, especially M1nz who has helped immensly today :)

Any feedback on this version is greatly appreciated, especially from those with an H series TV...

Change log:

v2.2 - 30/11/2014
Code:
 * Removed all reference to SF Object
 * Changed clock to absolute positioning
 * Corrected play button to behave same as enter

 v2.1 - 30/11/2014
 * Removed screen saver disable to try to resolve 
   H series issues!
 
Last edited:
Hi Pembo,
I installed v2.2 on my h series tv. When I try to open the app, I'm getting an error 'Samsung server not responding'. I've opened other apps successfully ( to make sure my internet connection is ok).

Any ideas?
 
Hi Pembo,
I installed v2.2 on my h series tv. When I try to open the app, I'm getting an error 'Samsung server not responding'. I've opened other apps successfully ( to make sure my internet connection is ok).

Any ideas?

not a clue!
Could try deleting and reinstalling v2.2
 
Mike - try to download again - I think the build was corrupted again!
That's twice today :(
 
Hi Pembo,

v2.2 H-Series

1. The first time you install after initialising the app stays on processing 1585 channels. Still initialising takes about 50 seconds. You have to exit the app and reload it.
2. enter button still not working to start steam and to return to app channel menu but play buttons works fine both ways
3. Volume button and mute working now
4. Clock works fine
 
Last edited:
Hi Pembo,

v2.2 H-Series

1. The first time you install after initialising the app stays on processing 1585 channels. Still initialising takes about 50 seconds. You have to exit the app and reload it.
2. enter button still not working to start steam and to return to app channel menu but play buttons works fine both ways
3. Volume button and mute working now
4. Clock works fine

Thanks m1nz - there must be something special going on with the enter key as the play and enter button both call the same function to play the video!
I might need to register the enter key like I did the volume ones to make it work on the H series.

For point 1 - I've tested this to death on my devices and don't have a problem - so I'm guessing there is something unusal going on with the H-series again... I'll do further digging.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top