Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] EPG displaying the same program name

  • Thread starter Thread starter JOHNSTON
  • Start date Start date
Yeah when you have downloaded, you highlight the image and blue button to restore.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Yeah when you have downloaded, you highlight the image and blue button to restore.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have updated and it was painless so glad to get that all sorted.

However the original issue is still occurring the EPG still has this "All the best hits and wickets"

Should I be contacting the makers of CrossEPG perhaps?

:confused:
 
Do menu > setup > system > epg > load/save/delete and delete your epg data. Then restart your receiver. Then blue button > run crossEPG downloader again. See what that does


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Well I have updated and it was painless so glad to get that all sorted.

However the original issue is still occurring the EPG still has this "All the best hits and wickets"

Should I be contacting the makers of CrossEPG perhaps?

:confused:

Nothing wrong with CrossEPG as its working fine here with no issues you have. You have a corrupted epg file for some reason.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Your EPG save location is defo media/hdd or media/usb NOT INTERNAL FLASH?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Do menu > setup > system > epg > load/save/delete and delete your epg data. Then restart your receiver. Then blue button > run crossEPG downloader again. See what that does


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still there :confused:

I did notice though If I am watching say ITV and I want to watch channel 4, I press the channel + button on the remote to go up a channel.

The blue info bar that appears at the bottom when the channel loads will show in the yellow portion "all the best hi" for two seconds and then changes to be the correct program name.

This only happens when cycling through the channels, so the data is there from crossEPG downloading, but for some reason when i press the EPG button to bring up the EPG itself well you seen the pictures i've been posting and how it looks.

A bizarre issue.
 
Your EPG save location is defo media/hdd or media/usb NOT INTERNAL FLASH?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

under menu > setup > system > epg > settings > epg location

It shows internal flash

I have never modified this at all but i gather by the caps it should not be this way?
 
Should never be on Internal Flash. Its a wonder your receiver hasn't become sluggish and unresponsive. I want you to go back in and delete your EPG data. Then change your EPG location to your hdd. Then restart. Then run CrossEPG downloader again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
It should be usb or hdd if you have either setup.

Delete epg again then change location then try downloading again

Sorry Andy you beat me to it
 
Should never be on Internal Flash. Its a wonder your receiver hasn't become sluggish and unresponsive. I want you to go back in and delete your EPG data. Then change your EPG location to your hdd. Then restart. Then run CrossEPG downloader again.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that appears to have solved it thank you very much!

I have never noticed a sluggish performance ever to be honest. The only trouble we ever had is using the 1,4,7 buttons to rewind a MKV can sometimes jump it way into the file but we just press stop, ok to relaod the file and then use 3,6,9 to get back to where we left off.

How that setting was changed I have no idea as I never go near it. Unless the missus was playing about with it :confused:

Everything else has been flawless once i got it setup as i liked for well over a year or more and I honestly couldn't thank the team enough for openvix.
 
EPG is by default set to internal flash. This is not advisable as it can corrupt easily and also will eventually overfill your internal flash and a fresh flash would be needed. At least we have sorted your problem and if you do happen to setup any new receivers in the future just remember to change the location to either HDD or USB. Happy viewing!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
The blue info bar that appears at the bottom when the channel loads will show in the yellow portion "all the best hi" for two seconds and then changes to be the correct program name.
Although your issue has now been sorted, I want to explain what you see.
When you are tuned to a service, your box receives and shows the 'Now/Next' EPG data that the transponder sends to you. This is different data from downloaded EPG-data (such as Open-TV by Cross). Now when you zap to a service it takes some time for the Now/Next to be handled, so in first instance the stored data will show. Once Now/Next is populated, that will be shown to you.

Furthermore: Cross downloads the data as transmitted by the service provider and is called 'OpenTV'. So whatever it receives will be displayed (unless your data has been corrupted, that is :) ).
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top