Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ET9x00] ET9000 Missing From Windows 7 Network

The Lambton Worm

New member
Joined
Oct 3, 2010
Messages
154
Reaction score
0
Points
0
As the title suggests I can't see the ET9000 in explorer under network. Latest version of ViX 2.4:212 installed. I can use Filezilla but not explorer. Anyone got any ideas what's wrong?

PS I have Samba installed and running on the ET9000.
 
Have you installed Samba and NFS on the box - in recent builds these do not come pre installed.

All working fine here
 
Yes I've got NFS & Samba installed.

I've managed to rectify the problem by mapping the drive. Before I didn't need too as it appeared automatically under 'Netwrork'.
 
Hey i have same problem and also NFS & Samba installed, can you tell me how you mapped network drive?

cheers
 
Click on the Windows button then right click on Computer > Map network drive...
In the window that appears select the drive letter you want.
In Folder enter \\192.***.***.***\root\
Check the Reconnect At Logon is ticked
Click Finish and a new drive should appear under Computer in Explorer

BTW I've just updated to the latest build 558 and my ET9000 is appearing under Network on my Windows 7 machine.
 
I ended up having to create entries in my hosts file in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc

My receiver uses a fixed IP address.
 
I ended up having to create entries in my hosts file in c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc

My receiver uses a fixed IP address.

What entries did you make? I'm going nuts trying to get my ET9000 to show up in Windows 8s Explorer. It shows up sometimes but it doesn't help mapping it. Funny thing is that if I remote my PC (rdp) I can see the ET9000 in explorer, but when I'm at home i can not.
 
You need a line at the bottom that reads

w.x.y.z ET9000

where w.x.y.z if the fixed IP address of your receiver. (i.e. not one assigned by DHCP)

and ET9000 is what you call your receiver.
 
You need a line at the bottom that reads

w.x.y.z ET9000

where w.x.y.z if the fixed IP address of your receiver. (i.e. not one assigned by DHCP)

and ET9000 is what you call your receiver.

Thank you, it worked great. Finally I can see it again! :)
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top