Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

First descision, help needed.

Cheers for all the input, I ordered a 8000 at 1am (was worried I'd talk myself out of it!) How long does initial setup take, I've read a few guides to using enigma, and ftp server from pc so I'm fairly confident.

And on the powerplug side, would a cheep zgemma box work as a receiver only box fed through the xtrend box. (only need a cheep box?)
Set-up should only really take a few minutes, esp if only using one sat position.
As for zgemma box, avoid at all costs.
 
Cheers for all the input, I ordered a 8000 at 1am (was worried I'd talk myself out of it!) How long does initial setup take)
Just take it slowly!
Its important to play with the box and learn .... it is in no way like a Sky box.
Using ABM can take a few attempts to get the right channel lists (Bouquets)
Also getting the Epg sorted, depending on how you do it can take some time.
Choosing the best skin is also critical so it look's nice ... suggest perhap's one of the VIXBMC 1080 skins e.g. bello or confluence

So take your time:)

Important you are comfortable with both and the results before showing the family.
 
I believe the zgemma s2 are "clones" I have a friend who sells them and says nothing but good? But it's likely I'll go the legit route and make world of satellite my go to store from now. Like I mentioned, I've come from a v8s receiver and sky, so anything's got to be a step up.


Are the hdd's easy to fit to the xtrend box, I salvaged one from my sky box but it's only 500gb, and its 3.5" rather than 2.5". I do also have a spare 320gb 2.5" laptop drive so hopefully one will fit?
 
Are the hdd's easy to fit to the xtrend box, I salvaged one from my sky box but it's only 500gb, and its 3.5" rather than 2.5". I do also have a spare 320gb 2.5" laptop drive so hopefully one will fit?

Easy self explanatory cradle inside :)

Once installed, boot receiver and initialise, menu > setup > system > storage devices.
 
Anybody that sells zgemma boxes will say nothing but good. They're full of shit & selling cheap dodgy clone boxes with no safety checks done. Sorry.
 
Using power plugs without issue for 3yrs now... All streaming & recordings working fine.

No Judge, he asked question about hdmi extender over cat5/6, that is what I was referring to.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I believe the zgemma s2 are "clones" I have a friend who sells them and says nothing but good? But it's likely I'll go the legit route and make world of satellite my go to store from now. Like I mentioned, I've come from a v8s receiver and sky, so anything's got to be a step up.


Are the hdd's easy to fit to the xtrend box, I salvaged one from my sky box but it's only 500gb, and its 3.5" rather than 2.5". I do also have a spare 320gb 2.5" laptop drive so hopefully one will fit?
The disk's I removed from Sky boxes were both Seagate "slim" disk's so being thinner than the "normal" 3.5 very easy to fit.
 
hi again, back from work, just want to say the interaction on here is top notch! thanks again for your advice, cant wait for tomorrow now getting slightly excited. :cool:

Im sure ill be more on the xtrend forum as of tomorrow, I hope they are as helpful as you guys have been!

As the guys at World Of Satallite are flashing a copy of open vix for me, what files, if any should I have downloaded ready for the install process, as in, best ftp to use, and any ABM / CROSSEPG. I understand that the BLUEHD skin is installed via the box itself?
 
Im sure ill be more on the xtrend forum as of tomorrow, I hope they are as helpful as you guys have been!

what files, if any should I have downloaded ready for the install process, as in, best ftp to use, and any ABM / CROSSEPG. I understand that the BLUEHD skin is installed via the box itself?
1. xtrend forum, good site but its not vix, their image is different and it helps to understand German
2 ABM is installed and you can download the required plugins directly from the OpenVix image.
Worth installing filezilla for ftp and putty for telnet client onto windows/unix on PC.
 
Last edited:
Sorry, I ment the xtrend sub forum on here. I'll get hold of filezilla, and I already have putty on desktop machine I think.

Thanks again helpers!!
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top