Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[ABM-DVB-S/S2] Freesat - Wrong local BBC HD channel

avalon65

New member
Joined
Dec 4, 2016
Messages
380
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds
For about a week or so now, the guide or tv listing shows BBC1 London and local new as BBC London.
I am in West Yorkshire and have BBC Yorkshire TV in ABM Providers.

I have tried a reboot of my receiver which worked once, ie restored to correct TV area, then I restored a previous. old, backup, which again worked.
Every time I switch on the receiver, the TV area has changed back to BBC London, and we can't watch our local news.

What has caused this to happen and how do I fix it permanently.

Thanks
 
Might the box be running ABM at night and reverting to its new info?

When you switch on box new channel list occurs and might be rechecking your locations from old and new if its changing
 
I have no idea what the box does at night, but nothing actually changes regarding the provider list , ie BBC West Yorkshire. I can't understand why it changes in the channel list to BBC London. For a test I will leave the box switched on tonight to see what happens by the morning.
 
Look up in ABM settings to see if this run at night and epg to download.
Even if box is on it will run.
Is this a sd or hd channel as things are going to be changing.
Interesting as i checked my H7s and dont think i choose this setting?
I live in Ireland 😂

Unable to upload a photo or download like before.

Region -BBC E midlands/ TV Yorkshire E.

That is what is showing for Freesat for me.
 
Yes the epg is set to download at sometime through the night, and it is an HD channel that changes. It's only recently started to do this .
 
Upload pictures/debug log of your ABM run/settings.

In my opinion, best to keep bouquet and EPG issues separate.
 
I left the box turned on overnight, and this morning BBC1 West Yorks had changed back to BBC1 London. I found that this only happens on or with FreeSat all channels as it doesn't happen on or with FreeView

I have attached 2 pictures of the ABM settings, and a picture of the debug log. Apologies if it is not what you want or mean.
 

Attachments

  • 1_0_19_287B_800_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20231209093624.webp
    1_0_19_287B_800_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20231209093624.webp
    37.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 1_0_19_287B_800_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20231209093819.webp
    1_0_19_287B_800_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20231209093819.webp
    35 KB · Views: 15
  • 1_0_19_287B_800_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20231209095539.webp
    1_0_19_287B_800_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20231209095539.webp
    53 KB · Views: 13
Just for information,I am having a problem mounting the receiver on my LAN. I have a password set on the receiver, but the network share is not available now
 
Have you rechecked Samba or Nfs are still running?

Box has an internet ip and not changed as sometimes having a network issue and rebooting network on the box gives an ip in which the mount can be opened and mounted
 
The box has an ip address and samba is running. I can access other devices on my network no problem
 
Last edited:
I have just run ABM with your settings, the picture attached is what I get.

Also, your next schedule is at 01:00
11:01:44.7568 [ABM-Scheduler][scheduledate] Time set to Sun 10 Dec 2023 01:00:00 GMT (now=Sat 09 Dec 2023 11:01:44 GMT)

If you start changing things in between, (restoring backups etc) we won't know what is happening. Stick to one thing and we can try and work out what is going on and hopefully find a solution.
 

Attachments

  • avalon bbc1.webp
    avalon bbc1.webp
    57.4 KB · Views: 8
It was the swap. I have just deleted it, so please update the provider file using the option in the ABM menu.
 
I'm not too sure what you mean about the swap which you deleted

I only restored a previous backup so that we could watch our local news channels from Yorkshire, and not the ones from London.
I think by tomorrow morning it may well have changed back to BBC London

Here is a picture of ABM Providers, which now has BSkyB showing on the left side. I don't know how that happened??
 

Attachments

  • 1_7_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_20231209161722.webp
    1_7_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_20231209161722.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
There was a swap between 101 and 106. I have deleted this on the provider file. Please just update the ABM provider file. Then run/execucte/scan ABM. If there is a problem, clearly state what the problem is. Do not change/restore anything. Do not add other variables/confusion.
 
The provider files did not need updating, was the message I got when I selected to update.

Then I did a scan, and this what I have now in the TV listing: BBC London
 

Attachments

  • 1_7_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_20231209165448.webp
    1_7_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_20231209165448.webp
    46.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Swap was already disabled, and I did another scan, then rebooted the receiver. On checking the TV listing, it is still at BBC1 London.
I haven't done anything else as yet.

Thanks
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top