Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

French Terrestrial TV

techygirl

New member
Joined
Aug 7, 2016
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Points
0
We are going to France shortly in our Motorhome and I want to watch French Terrestrial TV when we are there. I don't want to take a satellite set up as we will be moving frequently and for the amount we will watch it won't be worth the hassle.

I have a normal UK Freeview HD TV and a directional TV aerial on the van.

Last time we were there, I couldn't get any channels at all. Doing a quick Google, I have got mixed messages - this link implies that my setup should pick up French channels

https://www.angloinfo.com/how-to/france/housing/setting-up-home/digital-tv

But others suggest that I should buy a TNT DVB box while I am there.

Can anyone help.
Also is there a website I can use to tell me which way to point my aerial?
 
I can't give you a full answer, just my own experience from my second home in Provence.

There are virtually no terrestrial aerials on any houses in the area, but many satellite dishes. I am not in the hills here, and near to the large city of Avignon. If a good terrestrial signal is available anywhere in France it would certainly be here.

The internet connection I use here throws in a IPTV decoder for free - the main French TV channels are FTA. Therefore my assumption is that people use their IPTV decoders for TV, and some would use satellite dishes.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top