Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue 4K receivers and USB tuners

@Andy - thanks for the confirmation.
Am I correct in saying that the Gigablue UE, QUAD and TRIO all share the same drivers, so would have the same problem? What about the X3?
Possibly looking for a box with dual dvb-s2 mis tuners and dual dvb-t tuners - dont think any exist hence looking at what boxes support usb tuners!
Any insights on the Octogan SF8008 or Zgemma Hxx boxes?

TIA
WW
 
Would not the 8 Sat and 2 T tuners on the Gigablue UE be enough?
 
@Andy - thanks for the confirmation.
Am I correct in saying that the Gigablue UE, QUAD and TRIO all share the same drivers, so would have the same problem? What about the X3?
Possibly looking for a box with dual dvb-s2 mis tuners and dual dvb-t tuners - dont think any exist hence looking at what boxes support usb tuners!
Any insights on the Octogan SF8008 or Zgemma Hxx boxes?

TIA
WW

The Giga UE/Quad4K and Trio are different architecture receivers. Trio is HiSilicon and is like the sf8008.
 
Would not the 8 Sat and 2 T tuners on the Gigablue UE be enough?
Jon, for most people it should be - freesat on sat tuners, cable or freeview/saorview on the optional hybrid tuner, a perfect box.
However, I still look at stuff on Astra 19E and Hotbird 13E so the extra tuners are not much benefit.
Am also trying to pull in the French/Italian multistream channels on 5W, so need dvb-s2 tuners that support multistrem (unfortunately the fbc tuners do not), hence the search for the odd tuner combination!
 
The Giga UE/Quad4K and Trio are different architecture receivers. Trio is HiSilicon and is like the sf8008.

Twol, thanks for info, must look at the tuner specs a bit closer in the future!
Last question - my understanding is that the current crop of fbc tuners do not support multistream, is that a hardware or driver restriction?
If it is driver related, do you see that changing in the future?

TIA
WW
 
@Andy - thanks for the confirmation.
Am I correct in saying that the Gigablue UE, QUAD and TRIO all share the same drivers, so would have the same problem? What about the X3?
Possibly looking for a box with dual dvb-s2 mis tuners and dual dvb-t tuners - dont think any exist hence looking at what boxes support usb tuners!
Any insights on the Octogan SF8008 or Zgemma Hxx boxes?

TIA
WW

The SF8008 and Zgemma H7S will work fine with saorview. I have both of them and currently using the H7S as it is a triple tuner- 1 terrestrial and 2 x satellite tuners. It also has the bonus of being able to house a 2.5" HDD which a lot of the new low footprint models don't.
 
The SF8008 and Zgemma H7S will work fine with saorview. I have both of them and currently using the H7S as it is a triple tuner- 1 terrestrial and 2 x satellite tuners. It also has the bonus of being able to house a 2.5" HDD which a lot of the new low footprint models don't.

Ronand - wondering did you have any reason to try a usb tuner with either?
I have 2 Sony PlayTV dual usb tuners which I have used with my xtrend's for the last few years, so looking to see if they will work with the later generations boxes.
As you can see above, they dont, and probably never will with the Gigablue boxes.
We only have 2 tp's on Saorview, so a dual tuner will allow for watching/recording on all channels on multiple boxes (with fallback configured).
Complication is that I am looking for dvb-s2x multistream tuners as well.
 
but you also said the a duel s duel t box would work the UE does this and more
 
My sf8008 is the twin sat version. But I was able to get saorview using an RTL-SDR dongle (7 euro approx). The RTL2832 drivers in the feeds work with these. I have had no reason to use a usb tuner on the zgemma as it is built-in
 
@white_whistle, do you have copies of the images with the older drivers? If so, can you upload them somewhere for me?
 
The GB images for around that time are still on the dev site.

/zz_OLD_STUFF/***Dev_Images_5.1***/5.1.027.xxx
 
It would be great to have a copy of image that works with with USB tuners. (Or better still be able to build a recent one with older drivers.)

The issue is pointless and won't go anywhere. Regrettably, they said they don't sell USB tuners, so a non-issue for them. One of the other image teams said the USB tuners work, but would not elaborate on which ones.
 
Abu

I have 2 copies of the image 5.1.033 - an origional bare image from the download server, and an image backup I made after installing & configuration.
Did a test restore on both, and all good.
Bare image has no drivers for usb tuners, too lazy to try and load them manually.
However, the image backup restore has drivers, so I was able to test the dvb-t channels from Saorview and all good.

Is there somewhere on your servers I can dump them for you?
 
Thanks. On this thread if it allows you. Otherwise any upload site will do. Mediafire, OneDrive, Google Drive.
 
Last edited:
At the bottom of this reply is a temporary link to a current GigaBlue UE 4K (gbue4k) home built OpenVix image that has usb tuner support. I have tested this image using Hauppauge ATSC tuners 850 and 950 at the same time (2 usb tuners installed). I also briefly installed a TBS 5925 and got it to return channels on one transponder. The TBS 5925 was problematic and removed. This particular TBS 5925 has been problematic in other receivers/images.

As a caveat, I also found a way to get the DVB-S2X PNP tuners to satellite blindscan, which surprisingly turns out to be very decent and recognizes correctly DVB-S2x transponders.

The image in the link is connected to a feeds server. Please test DVB-T/T2 tuners and any other usb tuner devices that are supported in the feeds. What works? What doesn't? Are there any errors? What about recording? Watching one tuner while recording another? etc....

While I have tested extensively the image in the link, I bear no responsibility for what this image does or does not do to a receiver. As always, load images at your own risk! Thanks.

md5sum = 89bfe8ddaac8f7ea26f76282226dc8e3 openvix-6.9.003.release-gbue4k_usb.zip

 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top