Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue latest vix installed but boot loops after installing plugins cannot reflash?

Returner70

New member
Joined
May 8, 2012
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi Can anyone help, i have just bought the gigablue hd se from a forum member (many thanks btw for the quick delivery if you read this)

I installed the box to check all was ok then updated to the latest version of VIX.

I used a 32gb usb drive for the picons, backup etc, which i made a back up on to once i had set the box up correctly, (I already have a Duo downstairs, with Vix which runs perfectly).

I install the airplay plugin then the cache flush plugin and the problems started.
It continually boot loops so i tried to install a fresh copy of the Vix image but it will not recognise it for some unknown reason and instead of the (conf) press ok bit to allow the image to burn, it goes straight to the giga bit and will not let me install a new image from scratch?

I have tried to install the latest bootloader 080812 which didn't do anything and now when i turn the box on, i get nothing on screen and the box goes from usb to giga, on the display and then giga stays on the display but i get nothing on screen?

Can anyone help or point me in the right direction.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
 
All sorted in Vix forum, reformatted USB with hp tool and reflashed box.
 
But be advised for next time: never state 'latest ViX' as that means virtually nothing at all. Just use the build-number: that's why we give them numbers.
 
Thanks for the info duly noted.
With me stating that it had been built on thursday and that every post made is time stamped and dated, I presumed that the information i've supplied above was enough for you to know which build i meant.
Although it is Vix related, it was issues with the plugins i'd installed afterwards which were causing the problems and not a Vix image build issue.
I also found out that all i need to do was reformat the usb stick correctly with the HP tool.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top