Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue Quad

I have the duo, and for the same reason as yourself, the duo with usb dvb-t never worked properly. I went for the quad because of the processor. Basically the speed of the quad is way faster that the ultimo. There are little problems with the quad, that will get sorted with updated drivers.

Have both and not such a huge difference between the two.

the quad is faster to boot but both are rock solid.

You will not as yet be able to use USB tuners on the quad as not implemented but if enough us hassle Gb they may prioritize it;)

having said that used USB win nova on the Ultimo and Duo and never had any issues.:thumbsup:

Thanks for feedback. I am glad to hear you are both happy with the Quad. I just queried because Vu+ seems a more established brand. From the thread I see all the major issues have been sorted. I also have a Nova T USB but it it still causes freezing so a reboot is needed. Drives the wife mad, so drives me mad.

Family are buying some vouchers for the Sponser shop so looks like I will order the Quad next week.
Looking forward to having the internal dvbt tuner and an extra sat tuner at some next year.

Thanks again for the replies.
 
Same mac adress Gigablue Quad SOLVED!

On Gigablue forum: http://www.gigablue-support.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1530#post1530

Here you can download file MAC.zip, with "burn.bat" which you put on a USB stick, which you put into the box and restart.
The bat file will change the mac address to 5C-AB-36-00-FF-55, so if that don't conflict with your other items in your network,
you can use it as it is.
However you can edit Mac address if you want, but they warn about using Windows editor, use Ultraedit instead.
I can tell you, it does the job. I have changes mac address in one of my Quad without any problem.


to something else if


"


Thank you very much as this is the same problem i was having with my SE and Quad which was causing allsorts of problems.
 
All,
Im in the market for a new reciever and this Quad is the current frontrunner..
I have a few questions though.

1 - Are the extra satellite tuners available yet (I remember something about being available after christmas.)
2 - How are people finding the hybrid DVB-t tuner in the QUAD (especially the Saorview users).
3 - Can a WD Green 2TB 2.5" SATA Internal Hard Drive or even a 1.5TB version.
4 - Are there any outstanding important bugs in the QUAD / VIX combination.
5 - Will her indoors notice much of a difference in using the QUAD over the DUO or SOLO. Expecially with the general layout of the remote control.
 
1) the extra dvb-s2 tuners are not available yet but are expected in the first quarter of 2013
2) I don't own a dvb-t tuner
3) if its 2.5 sata then it will have no trouble been used in the gigablue quad.
4) theres no important bugs that are not fixed as far as I know.
5) everythings basically the same just the timeshift buttons are on the top of the remote and the numbers are on the bottom of the remote. you shouldn't have any trouble whats so ever.







All,
Im in the market for a new reciever and this Quad is the current frontrunner..
I have a few questions though.

1 - Are the extra satellite tuners available yet (I remember something about being available after christmas.)
2 - How are people finding the hybrid DVB-t tuner in the QUAD (especially the Saorview users).
3 - Can a WD Green 2TB 2.5" SATA Internal Hard Drive or even a 1.5TB version.
4 - Are there any outstanding important bugs in the QUAD / VIX combination.
5 - Will her indoors notice much of a difference in using the QUAD over the DUO or SOLO. Expecially with the general layout of the remote control.
 
1 - Are the extra satellite tuners available yet (I remember something about being available after christmas.)
Xmas never was mentioned for this buddy.. It was Quarter1 of new year that was specified..

2 - How are people finding the hybrid DVB-t tuner in the QUAD (especially the Saorview users).
Not sure as im not using any other tuners at the moment.. Maybe someone else could jump in with answer to this..

3 - Can a WD Green 2TB 2.5" SATA Internal Hard Drive or even a 1.5TB version.
Cant see any reason why not.. I got 2 x 500GB in my 2 Quads.. And cant see any reason why a 1.5TB wouldnot work. Also aint seen anyone say that it will not work..

4 - Are there any outstanding important bugs in the QUAD / VIX combination.
Nothing major.. Maybe a few little things.. Biggest issue is prolly still running on the old 2.6.37 kernel.. But whispers are saying a new kernel is coming very soon..

5 - Will her indoors notice much of a difference in using the QUAD over the DUO or SOLO. Expecially with the general layout of the remote control.
To look at on the screen.. All vix images are exactly the same.. It will be the remote thats different.. All the buttons all do exactly the same thing obvoiusly.. Except the buttons are in a different place on the remote.. My mrs aint the most technically minded.. But she was able to change over from an Uno to the Gigablue Quad with no problems at all..

I would add.. You will defo not be disappointed if you decide to go down the road of a Quad..
 
Last edited:
2. Dvb-t is working great with saorview. Always had problems with USB dvb-t on my duo.
3. I have an external 3tb usb hard drive. No problems with it at all.
 
Is the external drive on USB or is there eSATA.
Id like to connect my external drive as well to save me powering up my PC for storage and have a 1.5tb or 2tb internal drive for recordings.

Id wait to buy till the tuners are out.. Just in case they dont come..If they are to come in Q1 they would be made already..

Does the kernel effect the box that much anyway...

2. Dvb-t is working great with saorview. Always had problems with USB dvb-t on my duo.
3. I have an external 3tb usb hard drive. No problems with it at all.
 
both. you can use esata or usb.
Is the external drive on USB or is there eSATA.
Id like to connect my external drive as well to save me powering up my PC for storage and have a 1.5tb or 2tb internal drive for recordings.

Id wait to buy till the tuners are out.. Just in case they dont come..If they are to come in Q1 they would be made already..

Does the kernel effect the box that much anyway...
 
Kernel does not effect the box in any way..

Gigablue have already said themselves that the plug and play satellite tuners will be available in Q1 of this year..

So they cant go back on this now due to the amount of people that have bought boxes on the strength of this..

Something else i would like to add..

The only thing you could accuse Gigablue of is maybe NOT being the best at commutation..

Other than that.. They have fulfilled everything they said they would.. Maybe a little slower than we would want / like..

But at least they have always stuck to their word..
 
oh and there is no Gigabit Ethernet atm as advertised on every site. im not sure if its gonna get fixed but we don't have it yet.
 
oh and there is no Gigabit Ethernet atm as advertised on every site. im not sure if its gonna get fixed but we don't have it yet.

Dont make it out to be something its not.. Maybe Rob Van Der Does can clarify this..

As far as i remember.. It says :

Quad is capable of Gigabit ethernet.. And i think thats driver / kernel related.. So we will have it eventually..
 
are you alrite?. he might of bought it thinking that there is GB Ethernet straight away as advertised on the main webpage.i was just saying there is no Gb Ethernet yet and I don't know if they are going to fix it.? I don't have a clue what the hell you are ona bout. I wasnt making anything out to be what its not.
 
are you alrite?. he might of bought it thinking that there is GB Ethernet straight away as advertised on the main webpage.i was just saying there is no Gb Ethernet yet and I don't know if they are going to fix it.? I don't have a clue what the hell you are ona bout. I wasnt making anything out to be what its not.

Have you seen one thing yet that Gigablue said they would fix.. and did not fix. ?

They have been true to their word on everything.. a little slower than we want.. But at least its done..

Why cant the glass always be half full with you.. Instead of being half empty..

This issue is drivers and kernel related.. Time is of the essence my friend.. And if you wish to be a smart ass again.. you will earn yourself an infriction..

If i was as unhappy with a receiver as you are.. I would have sold it months ago.. Instead of having a moan about little thing that does not suit you..
 
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass mate. and I didn't say they wouldn't fix it. I was just saying that we don't have it yet and I don't know if they are going to fix it. because on every website it says there is GB Ethernet but on the box of the actual product it doesent say anything about it being gb Ethernet. it only says Ethernet 10/100. he was asking if there is any outstanding bugs and I was just saying that we don't have gb Ethernet yet as advertised on every website.
Have you seen one thing yet that Gigablue said they would fix.. and did not fix. ?

They have been true to their word on everything.. a little slower than we want.. But at least its done..

Why cant the glass always be half full with you.. Instead of being half empty..

This issue is drivers and kernel related.. Time is of the essence my friend.. And if you wish to be a smart ass again.. you will earn yourself an infriction..
 
Dont make it out to be something its not.. Maybe Rob Van Der Does can clarify this..
As far as i remember.. It says :
Quad is capable of Gigabit ethernet.. And i think thats driver / kernel related.. So we will have it eventually..
Not sure if I can add anything useful to that.

The Solo2 uses the same soc as the GB-Q and has a working Gb-lan. I have been told that VU+ has added some extra hardware to achieve that, but I'm not an expert so I can't verify that. And I have no idea if GB also added H/W components in that area.

So I'll stay out of this discussion.
 
they advertise it on there website but not on the products box. don't know why tho
Not sure if I can add anything useful to that.

The Solo2 uses the same soc as the GB-Q and has a working Gb-lan. I have been told that VU+ has added some extra hardware to achieve that, but I'm not an expert so I can't verify that. And I have no idea if GB also added H/W components in that area.

So I'll stay out of this discussion.
 
only says Ethernet 10/100. he was asking if there is any outstanding bugs and I was just saying that we don't have gb Ethernet yet as advertised on every website.

in the instruction that is given along with the decoder, it is clearly indicated
LAN: 10/100/1000

product does not meet the specifications indicated in the selling.
 
You mean the manual? Is it for download somewhere?

On the specs page it shows 100/1000:
Code:
http://www.gigablue.de/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=75&Itemid=37&lang=en

Manual in german can be downloaded here (page 62 specs shows 10/100/1000):
Code:
http://www.gigablue.de/images/stories/giga/handbuch/quad/Handbuch_ger_quad.pdf
 
Last edited by a moderator:

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top