Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue Quad

They know about this bug ;)

Personally I rarely reboot. Mines left in standby when not used.

Same here, but when I am trying a lot of things I have to reboot often and if something freezes also. I can not tell my wife if it freezes to change from 1080p to 720p and back ;-)))
 
Hi,
does anybody have >=2 quads at home? I just read in a German board that a user has 2 quads and both have the same MAC which is a no go IMHO. With only 1 MAC for >=2 boxes it is not easy to work in a network.

ciao
 
@Trial
This should not happen. When the chips are made, they should be using specific mac addresses, which, altho they can re-use the address, there will btw plenty of different combos. But, there is a possibility that a duplicate was made. But wouldn't think it would be every box, surely?!

@Marty
I know in e1 days, you could change the mac by using a kind of start up, which changed it as soon as the box started. But, the actual address is 'burnt' in to the chip by manufacturer, do cannot change mac on hardware side of things...

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using Tapatalk 2
 
Hi,
the MAC problem is fixable in the BIOS with a tool named macprog2. At least that is what I read. Nevertheless it should not happen.

@pooface,
I only know a guy with 2 boxes and his had the same MAC that´s why I ask.

ciao
 
Any info when they will add usb tuners support or when they will upgrade the kernel?
 
correct.

Vu+ are a south Korean company
GigaBlue are a German company.

I think this is more like "assembled in Germany" at best, which allows "Made in Germany" somewhat like Clarke Tech - 99% of the components I would expect to come from China or South Korea, apart from the top German outfits, Medion is the only other company in Germany that would have the capability to actually source and build this box --------but I have been wrong before & will be again:)
 
I used to work for Bosch-Rexroth in Ireland, everything we made there was stamped "Made in Germany" :p
 
Hi, the Quad is on my list as I need a new receiver. I currently have a Dreambox 500S and it's time to buy a HD receiver with PVR. Unbelievable I know! But I'm waiting for the small issues to be ironed out and to see the price of the Vu+ Duo2. I want a dual-tuner PVR with mediaplayer functions (Avi, Divx, Xvid, MP4 & MKV) and I'm just wondering, can the Quad do airplay as mentioned on the VU+ website for the Duo2? Does the Dreambox Live app for iPad streaming work on the Quad?...errr...as mentioned on the VU+ website for the Duo2 (VU+ Player) : ) And finally, can I remotely control the Quad ie...set a recording away from home, or change the channel while my wife is watching TV to annoy her, brave I know!

Many thanks and sorry for the silly questions!!! I'm pretty new to this!
 
Hi, the Quad is on my list as I need a new receiver. I currently have a Dreambox 500S and it's time to buy a HD receiver with PVR. Unbelievable I know! But I'm waiting for the small issues to be ironed out and to see the price of the Vu+ Duo2. I want a dual-tuner PVR with mediaplayer functions (Avi, Divx, Xvid, MP4 & MKV) and I'm just wondering, can the Quad do airplay as mentioned on the VU+ website for the Duo2? Does the Dreambox Live app for iPad streaming work on the Quad?...errr...as mentioned on the VU+ website for the Duo2 (VU+ Player) : ) And finally, can I remotely control the Quad ie...set a recording away from home, or change the channel while my wife is watching TV to annoy her, brave I know!

Many thanks and sorry for the silly questions!!! I'm pretty new to this!


streaming to ipad - what's called "airplayer" - is something all these enigma2 receivers are capable of. just need the app/software on the iOS or android device. as for "airplay" - then you can currently do that on the duo but with limited functionality. Again, i think all enigma2 bixes might have potential with it, as it's reated to the plugin used.

i don't know if the duo2 will have any additional hardware to support such airplay functionality (like an apple tv). if it does it would be something special. however i doubt it, i would think it's just your basic enigma2 stuff, but because of the extra processing power, it has potential of running much smoother and being stable. but that's just my guess.
 
Anyone have a photo they can take of the Made In Germany stamp on the receiver?
 
Anyone have a photo they can take of the Made In Germany stamp on the receiver?

I'm not sure if the receiver is manufactured in Germany but the company GigaBlue them selves are a German Company.
 
Does it really matter more where it is made than how it works?
 
And what is the meaning of 'manufactured'?
Is it 'designed'?
Or 'assembled'?
Or M/B print made?
Or 'sold from'?
Or the responsible persons/the selling company are in?
Or what?
 
And what is the meaning of 'manufactured'?
Is it 'designed'?
Or 'assembled'?
Or M/B print made?
Or 'sold from'?
Or the responsible persons/the selling company are in?
Or what?

well i would imagine that the first three options would be enough to say it was manufactured in Germany but in today's world it really does not make much difference. for example my sister works for a well known UK clothing maker ( and i use that word lightly ), This clothing maker out sources it's work to east Asian companies then when it arrives in the UK they remove the east Asian logo and replace it with their own branding and a Made in the UK sticker.
 
Thread cleaned up, this isn't the place for politics! Read rules, especially rule 7! Keep on topic, any further politics talk will be deleted.
 
The .mkb playing is ok, but the AVI files (XVID and DIVX) are not ok.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top