Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Gigablue Quad

Hi,
DivX and XVid have countless options and some option work and some not on most STBs. Take a look at your videos with the tool MediaInfo. If GMC or QPEL are active you will have a problem on almost any STB.

ciao
 
Video
ID : 0
Format : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP : 1
Format settings, QPel : No
Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix : Custom
Codec ID : XVID
Codec ID/Hint : XviD
Duration : 1h 42mn
Bit rate : 782 Kbps
Width : 624 pixels
Height : 272 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.25:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Compression mode : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.192
Stream size : 571 MiB (82%)
Writing library : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

This is the info of the file, that does not play good...
 
Hi,

Will the quad be a feed hunter receiver with blind scan?

Regards
Steve
 
Is it true that the dvbs2 tuners will be available in 2013 as it says on the sponsors website or is it just mentioned to get people to go for it, can any ne confirm this becaus I can't find any info about it online other than what ******* says? Tank u.
 
Is it true that the dvbs2 tuners will be available in 2013 as it says on the sponsors website or is it just mentioned to get people to go for it,

Would not be a very smart thing to advertise if it were not true.. !!!..

Thats actually illegal.. !!!
 
Is it true that the dvbs2 tuners will be available in 2013 as it says on the sponsors website or is it just mentioned to get people to go for it, can any ne confirm this becaus I can't find any info about it online other than what ******* says? Tank u.


The sponsor is in direct communication with the manufacturers and he is only relaying what they tell him, it is not in his interest to deceive customers and he certainly would not make wild claims just ti get a sale or two, thats just bad business.

WoS did not get one of the best customer service reps going by doing silly things like that.
 
Hi, the Quad is on my list as I need a new receiver. I currently have a Dreambox 500S and it's time to buy a HD receiver with PVR. Unbelievable I know! But I'm waiting for the small issues to be ironed out and to see the price of the Vu+ Duo2. I want a dual-tuner PVR with mediaplayer functions (Avi, Divx, Xvid, MP4 & MKV) and I'm just wondering, can the Quad do airplay as mentioned on the VU+ website for the Duo2? Does the Dreambox Live app for iPad streaming work on the Quad?...errr...as mentioned on the VU+ website for the Duo2 (VU+ Player) : ) And finally, can I remotely control the Quad ie...set a recording away from home, or change the channel while my wife is watching TV to annoy her, brave I know!

Many thanks and sorry for the silly questions!!! I'm pretty new to this!

What surprise me is that my Media center can see the movie files, and play them on Gigablue Quad, although Gigablue crashes on Samba setup. The Media Center cannot see The VU+. I find downloading media files to laptop and the media center playing them from the laptop more convenient.
 
I have just realyzed that my two quads have the same mac adress, and that give problems in my network.
Is there information on changig mac adress!
 
I have just realyzed that my two quads have the same mac adress, and that give problems in my network.
Is there information on changig mac adress!

Why not give them different fixed addresses in the network > menu > setup > system > network > device setup > Adapter settings >

just note the settings with use of DHCP . And then change > Use DHCP no . Note the IP address and just change the last 3 numbers to each box. The rest of the numbers can be the same. So if the last 3 numbers are 104, have one on 104 and the other on 105
 
Last edited:
You can change the MAC addy

Details here
Code:
http://www.gigablue-support.com/index.php?page=Thread&threadID=3514

Be warned it is in German, from what I gather you mod some part of the bootlaoder.
 
Hi Alex,
a fixed IP does not cure the problem with the same MAC. MACs are used in switches to forward the packet to the correct port and when there are two boxes with the same MAC switches cannot work correctly.

The MAC can be changed is what I read. As I have no quad this is only from a different board.
Connect with serial cable and press ^C to get into the bootloader. Now it should be possible to change the MAC with a command called MACPROG2.

ciao
 
Last edited:
Also on most routers MAC are important as fixed IP is assigned by MAC addy and be a pain to have two with the same one.
 
Same mac adress Gigablue Quad SOLVED!

On Gigablue forum: http://www.gigablue-support.com/index.php?page=Thread&postID=1530#post1530

Here you can download file MAC.zip, with "burn.bat" which you put on a USB stick, which you put into the box and restart.
The bat file will change the mac address to 5C-AB-36-00-FF-55, so if that don't conflict with your other items in your network,
you can use it as it is.
However you can edit Mac address if you want, but they warn about using Windows editor, use Ultraedit instead.
I can tell you, it does the job. I have changes mac address in one of my Quad without any problem.


to something else if


"
 
on my quad i stream only bluray remuxes with dts (the quad cant seem to passthrough hd audio formats), these are the highest quality movie file you'll get for movies and they play fine from my server to my quad. subtitles on the movie are ok aswell as my thai missus watches movies with english subtitles.

they were fine on my ultimo which is alot less power but still good enough

Hi Rossi2000,

I have a duo which will be moved to the kitchen/bedroom as I am looking for a new STB with internal Dvbt (usb tuner on Duo not so stable). The Ultimo has had a big drop in price lately. As you have experience with the Ultimo and the Quad what would you recommend? The Ultimo would work out slightly cheaper for me, but I not concerned about the price difference, as quality and stability come first. I absolutely love the Duo but for the USB tuner occasional issues.

Thanks
 
I have the duo, and for the same reason as yourself, the duo with usb dvb-t never worked properly. I went for the quad because of the processor. Basically the speed of the quad is way faster that the ultimo. There are little problems with the quad, that will get sorted with updated drivers.
 
Have both and not such a huge difference between the two.

the quad is faster to boot but both are rock solid.

You will not as yet be able to use USB tuners on the quad as not implemented but if enough us hassle Gb they may prioritize it;)

having said that used USB win nova on the Ultimo and Duo and never had any issues.:thumbsup:
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top