Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[gigablue] quad4k, ue4k and x34k update rescue loader to version #200

twol

Moderator
Joined
Apr 9, 2012
Messages
9,627
Reaction score
215
Points
63
Location
Bavaria
For images after Aug 5, 2024, there is a really nice update of the Rescue Loader to version #200 for the above boxes, that allows either recovery to a different STARTUP slot or reflash and boot an image.

New in this version:
Selection of the startup partition.
Uploading an image from your PC and flashing it to one of the startup partitions.
Downloading an image online and flashing it to one of the startup partitions.
Displaying information such as MAC address and bootloader version.

To install:
Unzip the appropiate box (gbquad4k, gbue4k) file and copy the rescue.bin to /tmp on your box.
Then connect via Telnet and enter the following command:

Code:
dd if=/tmp/rescue.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p3

Invocation:
Turn off the box using the power switch at the back.
Open the front flap.
Press and hold the "up" button.
Turn on the box using the power switch at the back.
Wait for the countdown on the display until the IP address of the box is shown

In a browser enter the IP address displayed on the Gigablue LCD
Then you can select a new STARTUP image and reboot or flash a different image using the displayed Menu.



View attachment quadk4_rescue_200.zip View attachment ue4k_rescue_200.zip
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 15-41-39 GIGABLUE gbquad4k - index.webp
    Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 15-41-39 GIGABLUE gbquad4k - index.webp
    27 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 15-43-23 GIGABLUE gbquad4k - Firmware_Download.webp
    Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 15-43-23 GIGABLUE gbquad4k - Firmware_Download.webp
    27.5 KB · Views: 33
Hello
After loading rescue.bin, I cannot see any countdown and box IP after pressing and holding the "up" button and turning on the box using the power switch at the back.
I see the usual sequence "enter setup 3....1" instead.
Please note that image installed is Vix latest of 3rd december 2024.
Help appreciated.
Thanks Regards
 
Last edited:
so assuming that you have done the 1st part and copied the files over.......after the 3-2-1 countdown, you should see a url, but unless you are using a static ip, the url will be your usual ip address......try that on your PC

A question do you have a lan connection or WiFi???
 
Last edited:
I work with wifi, do you think I should switch to LAN?
 
I work with wifi, do you think I should switch to LAN?

Yes, I am sure the wifi drivers will not be loaded at this point … so just connect to lan to prove that is the issue.
 
Hi
Succeded using LAN, then loading an image.
However Deep standby, wake from deepstandby, reboot with/without multiboot are ineffective, unless you proceed as follows:

Turn off the box using the power switch at the back.
Open the front flap.
Press and hold the "up" button.
Turn on the box using the power switch at the back.
Wait for the countdown on the display until "enter setup..." CHOOSE YOURS as preset in browser menu, QUICKLY CLICK ENTER....wait for reboot.

In other words, the startup selected in the browser menu should be confirmed as above.
 
Last edited:
HI,
i own a GigaBlue UHD 4K not the Pro , is the rescueloader for this Box too?
I have tried this: dd if=/tmp/rescue.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 but there ist no /dev/mmcblk0p3 on my Box.

mount shows me this:

/dev/root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,nodelalloc,data=journal)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=444712k,nr_inodes=111178,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /boot type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sda1 on /media/usb type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
/etc/auto.network on /media/autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=6,pgrp=2925,timeout=5,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect)
 
HI,
i own a GigaBlue UHD 4K not the Pro , is the rescueloader for this Box too?
I have tried this: dd if=/tmp/rescue.bin of=/dev/mmcblk0p3 but there ist no /dev/mmcblk0p3 on my Box.

mount shows me this:

/dev/root on / type ext4 (rw,relatime,nodelalloc,data=journal)
devtmpfs on /dev type devtmpfs (rw,relatime,size=444712k,nr_inodes=111178,mode=755)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,relatime)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw,relatime)
debugfs on /sys/kernel/debug type debugfs (rw,relatime)
tmpfs on /media type tmpfs (rw,relatime,size=64k)
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /boot type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw,relatime,mode=600)
/dev/sda1 on /media/hdd type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/sda1 on /media/usb type vfat (rw,relatime,fmask=0000,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro)
none on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw,relatime)
fusectl on /sys/fs/fuse/connections type fusectl (rw,relatime)
/etc/auto.network on /media/autofs type autofs (rw,relatime,fd=6,pgrp=2925,timeout=5,minproto=5,maxproto=5,indirect)
and cat /proc/partitions will show you the mmcblk0 partitions
Yes its for the gbquad4K NOT Pro
 
I executed the command again, it was still in the bash history.
This time it worked. I have no idea why it didn't work before.
Maybe it was because I turned off the box, it hadn't been turned off in ages.
 
I executed the command again, it was still in the bash history.
This time it worked. I have no idea why it didn't work before.
Maybe it was because I turned off the box, it hadn't been turned off in ages.
OK - good.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top