Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K keeps freezing

Willo3092

ViX Beta Tester
Joined
Oct 1, 2016
Messages
1,235
Reaction score
25
Points
48
Location
East Midlands
Twin sat tuners and twin cable tuners.
Picture freezes but audio continues and unresponsive to the remote and has to be powered off and on with the rear switch.
It's happening at least once per day.
I have tried the latest OpenViX, OpenATV 6.2 and ItalySAT and it happens with all of them.
No crash log is generated but I have attached today's debug log which started at 06:55 when restarted on a power timer.
It seems to finish with TuxTxt entries but not sure what they are?
The box froze about 20 minutes ago when the other half was watching QVC on 28.2.
There are no recordings scheduled or in progress and she wasn't using the remote at the time.
The box is set up the same as all my other boxes as far as the network is concerned and I have no issues with them.
Hopefully someone can make sense of the log.
Thanks, Willo
 

Attachments

Twin sat tuners and twin cable tuners.
Picture freezes but audio continues and unresponsive to the remote and has to be powered off and on with the rear switch.
It's happening at least once per day.
I have tried the latest OpenViX, OpenATV 6.2 and ItalySAT and it happens with all of them.
No crash log is generated but I have attached today's debug log which started at 06:55 when restarted on a power timer.
It seems to finish with TuxTxt entries but not sure what they are?
The box froze about 20 minutes ago when the other half was watching QVC on 28.2.
There are no recordings scheduled or in progress and she wasn't using the remote at the time.
The box is set up the same as all my other boxes as far as the network is concerned and I have no issues with them.
Hopefully someone can make sense of the log.
Thanks, Willo
What were you both watching at the time???
1) cacheflush - I am assuming that this is an installed plugin - why?
2) epgimport - loads of parse errors probably in the time period you are talking about.
3) seems to be multiple runs of SULS plugin to load up your IPTV bouquets.
Also ABM ......

Not sure why you need to run these so often, if this a days log
 
QVC was on 28.2.
I only put the IPTV sub on last night and it happens without.
ABM ran earlier and I had forgotten to keep the IPTV bouquets so had to redo the IPTV and scanned with ABM again.
I will disable cacheflush and see if that makes a difference. (I installed it out of habit along with DreamExplorer).
Thanks for taking the time to have a look.
 
QVC was on 28.2.
I only put the IPTV sub on last night and it happens without.
ABM ran earlier and I had forgotten to keep the IPTV bouquets so had to redo the IPTV and scanned with ABM again.
I will disable cacheflush and see if that makes a difference. (I installed it out of habit along with DreamExplorer).
Thanks for taking the time to have a look.
I was curious because there is so much going on with the plugins, suls, cacheflush, ABM, epgimporter - are they timer started or always on a restart?
To be honest I only run plugins like ABM, SULs etc when I know there has been a change, a lot of this stuff is pretty static.... but I only have satellite and a bit of IPTV.
The only time I ever see a picture freeze is during the summer evenings as my 28.2E reception dies on the FTA signals!
 
ABM and EPG Importer are set to scan daily at about 11:00 and 11:10 respectively when I'm at work usually. I suppose daily is excessive for ABM so will try it weekly.
I've disabled cacheflush altogether as it's probably not needed on a box with these specs. I suspect this more than anything as the freezes don't coincide with the timers on ABM and EPG importer.
I put the IPTV on with a plugin called aniptvadder. I haven't installed Sul's plugin so aniptvadder must incorporate it somehow.
If it happens again I'll run barebones ViX with nothing added and see how that is.
Thanks for your help @twol
 
ABM and EPG Importer are set to scan daily at about 11:00 and 11:10 respectively when I'm at work usually. I suppose daily is excessive for ABM so will try it weekly.
I've disabled cacheflush altogether as it's probably not needed on a box with these specs. I suspect this more than anything as the freezes don't coincide with the timers on ABM and EPG importer.
I put the IPTV on with a plugin called aniptvadder. I haven't installed Sul's plugin so aniptvadder must incorporate it somehow.
If it happens again I'll run barebones ViX with nothing added and see how that is.
Thanks for your help @twol
Suls has a front end (user friendly) and a back end that does all the work, so I guess that aniptvaddder front ends the suls backend.... hence suls name in some of the iptv generated bouquets.

I was surprised by the pages of parse errors in the log from I guess epgimporter ... you might check which countries you are importing, whether its the correct file and if you really need them all.
 
Last edited:
I've uninstalled the aniptvadder and just set ABM to keep the bouquets for the vod series that my good lady wanted.
You're right about epg import sources, I think I just ticked everything and forgot about it. I only need Poland, Germany and UK I think.
 
I uninstalled cacheflush and (touch wood) had no problems since :thumbsup:
I've always used it on low spec boxes and just installed it by force of habit. It never occurred to me that it could have a detrimental effect.
I'll test for a few more days and report back. Thanks for the help everyone.
 
Some low spec boxes will perform better just adding a swapfile on USB stick or HDD. I only really ever found cacheflush useful on the old VU+ Duo and Solo.
 
Had 2 freezes today but flashed a clean copy of 5.1.032 before I'd retrieved the 1st debug log :rolleyes:
The picture froze during The One Show on BBC1 but sound continued and I had to power off and on.
This is a clean ViX with no extra plugins and using Simple 1080 (very nice btw).
The last entries in the log are to do with autotimers and hdmicec.
 

Attachments

3 interesting things.
1. various repeated NAS mounts ... so like the swaps below still not a vanilla system
2. NAS mounts are always associated with dismounts to a device (umount)
3. hdmi CEC msgs which I never see (not surprising as its disabled - to me hdmi CEC is more trouble than it is worth)) but could be your issue on the video picture..... and again it happens once you are running and have a service initiated##

You also still have a SwapManager running (and it finds a swap file on the hdd)... why?
 
Last edited:
No, admittedly still not vanilla. I tend to record most of the stuff I watch to my NAS from a Vu+ Uno 4K which is upstairs.
That's why I am using network mounts. I have 4 other receivers with the same mounts with no issues.
I've removed the iptv plugins and epg sources and just restored the vod bouquets.
I've deleted the swap file and disabled autostart, although it is still showing as active?
I've ordered a new hdmi cable so hopefully I won't have to train Mrs W to press 2 buttons to put the TV on!
If it persists with the new cable I'll run it as true vanilla for a few days and see how that goes.

btw the first freeze happened at 01:34 this morning when the box was in standby but I stupidly overwrote the debug log.
Thanks for looking for me :thumbsup:
 
With the Giga 4K spec, you don‘t need any additional addons for cache/swap (eg HD51 has a swap but thats for Kodi, and its on the eMMC).
Hdmi CEC is very sensitive due to the standard not being implemented in the same way by different manufacturers (... so a standard thats not really a standard)
Whats the softcam? Oscam? And is it started automatically?
Don‘t expect issues with the IPTV.
Sorry just getting a feel for the setup!
All my systems are pretty basic, but tend to get beaten up quite heavily when I am testing changes and I never get issues (other than my own) on any of the 3 Arm receivers..... but all Sat, no cable
 
I have a 16Tb NAS in the loft and the majority of recordings are from a Vu+ Uno with FBC cable tuner.
My other receivers are HD51, ET8500 and Formuler F1 all running ViX 5.1.032 with network mounts to the NAS and the same settings give or take.
All are using oscam-latest set to start automatically.
I swapped the HD51 and Giga 4k for a few days to prove the cables etc and the freezing persisted on the Giga and the HD51 was fine.
I have also tried ATV 6.2 and the latest ItalySat on the Giga but I still got freezing.
I have removed the HDD and I am just using an ext4 r/w usb stick for epg and picons.
I had wondered if it was a driver issue but haven't seen any other people having issues on the forum.
 
Set the receiver up exactly like this and test it for at least 48 hours.

1) USB re-flash latest build.
2) Setup for freesat only, use ABM to scan.
3) Do not install anything or add any extras.

Just run as basic freesat with ABM scan. Leave running overnight viewing a freesat channel. Change channels as usual.
 
Twin sat tuners and twin cable tuners.
Picture freezes but audio continues and unresponsive to the remote and has to be powered off and on with the rear switch.
It's happening at least once per day.
I have tried the latest OpenViX, OpenATV 6.2 and ItalySAT and it happens with all of them.
No crash log is generated but I have attached today's debug log which started at 06:55 when restarted on a power timer.
It seems to finish with TuxTxt entries but not sure what they are?
The box froze about 20 minutes ago when the other half was watching QVC on 28.2.
There are no recordings scheduled or in progress and she wasn't using the remote at the time.
The box is set up the same as all my other boxes as far as the network is concerned and I have no issues with them.
Hopefully someone can make sense of the log.
Thanks, Willo
Can you also post a picture of your tuner setup? .. and as the picture freezes on Sat (I am assuming it doesn't happen on cable?) what is the dish/cable setup into the receiver.
 
The dish is 80cm pointing at 19.2 with multi lnb's for 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0.
 

Attachments

  • Tuners_006.webp
    Tuners_006.webp
    33.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Tuners_005.webp
    Tuners_005.webp
    33.3 KB · Views: 13
  • Tuners_004.webp
    Tuners_004.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 12
  • Tuners_003.webp
    Tuners_003.webp
    25.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Tuners_002.webp
    Tuners_002.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 12
  • Tuners_001.webp
    Tuners_001.webp
    38.3 KB · Views: 12
The dish is 80cm pointing at 19.2 with multi lnb's for 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0.

Thanks for the quick response - is tuner A a single cable to 28.2E or do all/rest sat cables go through a DiSeqC switch/multiswitch or ? and do all the other receivers attach to this switch??
 
Tuner A is direct to the 28.2 lnb and Tuner B is through diseqc switch to 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0.

I've just swapped out the GigaBlue with an Octagon SF4008 because I'm on an afternoon shift at work so that Mrs W can watch TV without giving me grief.
I've put the GigaBlue in my mancave with the same tuner/cable configuration as previous.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top