Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

GigaBlue UHD Quad 4K keeps freezing

Tuner A is direct to the 28.2 lnb and Tuner B is through diseqc switch to 28.2, 19.2 and 13.0.

I've just swapped out the GigaBlue with an Octagon SF4008 because I'm on an afternoon shift at work so that Mrs W can watch TV without giving me grief.
I've put the GigaBlue in my mancave with the same tuner/cable configuration as previous.

So assuming everything attaches to the same dish (?), how do the Vu+, HD51, ET8500 and Formuler F1 and now Octagon SF4008 attach? and do they all pick up the same sats?
There should not be an issue with the FBC tuners configuration, but ......
Also because of the hdmi handshake I am assuming your boxes all go direct to TV's not through an amp?
As you commented I haven't seen any GB driver issues for a loooong while, and over here they get pretty angry if there is an issue, so still looking for some special situation.

Apologies for all the Q's still
 
I've got 2 x 80cm dishes with 3 lnb's on each. One dish is pointed at 28.2 and the other at 19.2.
The HD51, ET8500 and Formuler F1 are connected to the 28.2 dish and the GigaBlue and my mancave are on the 19.2 dish.
The Vu+ is cable only so doesn't connect to any of the dishes.
(I do have an Octagon SF8 connected to the Vu+ in client mode but again, not connected to any dish).
All boxes are connected directly to the TV's via HDMI and they are all sat/cable combo boxes connected to the same services.

I know it all sounds a bit OTT for a house with only 2 people in it but it's a hobby more than anything!
I don't even watch much TV to be fair.
 
Sounds pretty normal to me!
You need to follow Sicilians advice and see if the issue disappears.
I would personally be tempted to replace at least the mancave 28.2E lnb with a unicable lnb with a couple of legacy outlets (removing the diseqc switch out of the loop) - then setup 6/7 tuners on 28.2 and the other on the 19.2/13 lnb diseqc switch. These lnb‘s are not expensive, compared to my multiswitches..... I guess one of these days I will try a straight unicable lnb on 28.2E, but due to my marginal signal have stuck with my Invacom C120 quattro plus cone.
 
I had been mulling over the option of upgrading to unicable but struggling to grasp how it works.
I was thinking of getting rid of the euro lnb's on the mancave/gigablue dish and pointing it at 28.2 as I don't really watch the euro channels and Mrs W certainly doesn't.

What is confusing me is the best way to take full advantage of the FBC tuners in the Gigablue.
There are 2 inputs but does that mean it's 2 FBC tuners? or is it a single FBC tuner with 2 inputs?

It's simple on the Vu+, 1 FBC cable tuner = 8 feeds in total
If I had a single feed to the Gigablue from a unicable lnb how many tuners (virtual or otherwise) would work?

I know I can buy a unicable II lnb with one unicable output and 3 legacy outputs.
2 legacy outputs can go to my mancave, would the other one need to go to the other input on the gigablue or is the unicable enough?
I already have a twin shotgun cable from the dish to the GigaBlue so it's no effort to connect the other cable.
... or do you need 2 unicable lnb's to take full advantage of a twin FBC tuner? :confused:

Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your patience.
 
So the Giga FBC tuner is dual tuners sharing the 8 “tuner ports“ .
So I have for example tuner A on 28.2E with 4 tuners and tuner B on 19.2E with 4 ports which means that as the separate multiswitches I use (for both 28.2E and 19.2E dishes, with the legacy ports going to the HD51 and another receiver) have 8 outputs, I split 4x4 between the Giga Quad and Giga UE.
.... but with the right LNB you could do something similar.
.. or just use tuner A and have 8 tuners dedicated to 28.2E
 
Just to let you know that the freezing issues seem to be fixed now, thanks for all your help guys.
I went back to vanilla ViX with no additional plugins or swap file and just freesat and simple 1080.
I have gradually added my network mounts and providers over the last week and also fitted a unicable lnb.
There were no issues until I installed oscam-latest and then the freezing started again.
I am using the same config files as on my other boxes so don't think it was that.
I have gone into settings and disabled the frozen cam check and haven't had a freeze in 48 hours now, fingers crossed.
 
Willo, I just got my box only yesterday & had to reflash the latest Vix due to the box acting strange from the very first boot. I added an IPTV & one pluggin & went to work but had a text from the wife saying the box had frozen while watching freeview, had to do a hard reset then after that it's working again so far.... Hopefully I won't get too many problems now? (Fingers crossed)

Oh & thanks for all the help in the past Wilo with the sat/lines or firmware & skin stuff in the past on another forum. :thumbsup:
 
Hello mate, apart from disabling the frozen cam check I had also noticed that the logs were sometimes showing 'TuxTxt cache cleared' when my Gigablue froze.
In MENU > SETUP > SYSTEM > CUSTOMISE I have changed 'Enable teletext caching' to 'no'. I don't know for sure if this was an issue but it doesn't freeze now.
Welcome to WoS btw :thumbsup: More genuine hobbyists here rather than the people just wanting cheap satellite TV and not caring how they get it.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top