As the original thread on this matter has been completely deleted (very odd) and I promised some forum members I would update them, I am having to create a new thread for this.
Unfortunately the bottom line is there is no definitive outcome.
I'm not going to get into the commercial aspects of the outcome as the company sponsor this forum, but after lots of back and forth I ended up buying a Vu+ 4K Duo and returning the Gigablue.
I loaded the same version of Openvix on the Vu+, installed the same SSD into it and connected it through the same HDMI leads into the same AV system. The result was completely judder free playback and rewind and fast forward was as smooth as my old Sly box (which I had been told by some was never going to happen on an enigma2 box). It has run absolutely faultlessly from day 1.
So, from that I presumed that the GB must definitely have a fault, but when WoS got it back and put their own HDD in it, that apparently was totally judder free too. They reckon it was my SSD that was the issue.
I was hoping to get sent a spare identical GB box that I could use the exact same image and SSD on, and that might have proved on way or the other if it was a specific box issue or my SSD, but that wasn't possible.
Maybe it was the SSD not playing nicely with the GB but others had the judder using normal HDDs and I also had the judder on recordings made to the external USB stick.
So although I'm now 100% happy with my Vu+ which works exactly as I would have hoped, in terms of sorting out the cause of the GB judder issue we are no nearer an answer unfortunately.
Unfortunately the bottom line is there is no definitive outcome.
I'm not going to get into the commercial aspects of the outcome as the company sponsor this forum, but after lots of back and forth I ended up buying a Vu+ 4K Duo and returning the Gigablue.
I loaded the same version of Openvix on the Vu+, installed the same SSD into it and connected it through the same HDMI leads into the same AV system. The result was completely judder free playback and rewind and fast forward was as smooth as my old Sly box (which I had been told by some was never going to happen on an enigma2 box). It has run absolutely faultlessly from day 1.
So, from that I presumed that the GB must definitely have a fault, but when WoS got it back and put their own HDD in it, that apparently was totally judder free too. They reckon it was my SSD that was the issue.
I was hoping to get sent a spare identical GB box that I could use the exact same image and SSD on, and that might have proved on way or the other if it was a specific box issue or my SSD, but that wasn't possible.
Maybe it was the SSD not playing nicely with the GB but others had the judder using normal HDDs and I also had the judder on recordings made to the external USB stick.
So although I'm now 100% happy with my Vu+ which works exactly as I would have hoped, in terms of sorting out the cause of the GB judder issue we are no nearer an answer unfortunately.