Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue QUAD] help setup wifi usb dongle

  • Thread starter Thread starter dragoscevero
  • Start date Start date
D

dragoscevero

Guest
Hi to all,
I think I'm not a newbye user anymore, but i can't make my wifi usb dongle work with my Gigablue quad.
I have a d-link dwa-125 usb dongle, based on ralink rt2870 chipset if i'm not wrong.
I've tried to put the dongle in usb port and reboot the box, but after a long time to restart, nothing happened, and in network tab I didn't find anything new.
I've now tried (with troubles due to adsl malfunctioning) with manual setup of http://enigma2.world-of-satellite.c...gin-drivers-network-usb-rt2800_1.0-r1_all.ipk that i think is the right driver.
What I have to do then? Putting in usb dongle then reboot? Where can I find in the menu the options to configure wlan?
Can someone told me how to configure it? A step by step guide for dummies I mean... :D

Thanks!
 
You need to temporarily connect the ethernet cable and then download the drivers.
 
I have a not working adsl connection, so no download available by network.
But I've downloaded it in my pc, using my iphone to connect, and I've put up via ftp the ipk file in tmp folder of the box, then installed.
I hope the driver is the right one, but I can't get it working then... Where can I found the wlan configuration options? Thanks...
 
You only get the wlan options if the wifi device is detected. They are in the network options.
 
Installing a WiFi-dongle is very different on each image. So please tell us which image you use.

Sorry that I've not tell it first, I use latest openVix.
Is it "enigma2-plugin-drivers-network-usb-rt2800_1.0-r1_all.ipk" the right driver for a d-link dwa-125 usb dongle? How I have to setup it?
 
Sorry again for posting in wrong section, I didn't know if it was my decoder issue.
Can someone help me in this setup operation?
Thanks to all
 
Forget downloading an ipk for now. Can you temporarily connect to an ethernet cable?
 
Okay, I was able to get a lan connection now.
What I have to do to correctly setup the usb wifi dongle?
Thanks, again...
 
Menu > Plugins > Green for Download > Drivers >

Scroll down, there is a whole section of network USB drivers. Most probably the RT2800 is the one for you.
 
Perfect. Then, after installing this driver, it'll require an user interface restart, am I right? Have I to install it with usb wifi dongle inserted? And after restart (or reboot) it will be seen?
 
Do not think it matters wether usb wifi is in or not while downloading driver,but once restarted box, i would power off completely before inserting the usb wifi,then power back on and should be working or may just need setting up in network again for the wifi usb stick.
 
As above, does not matter if device is connected or not when installing drivers. Best to have Wifi connected before reboot so that it is detected at bootup. If Lan is connected, you will be prompted to diasable it during teh setup, so might as well remove it before reboot.

Personally I would reboot instead of GUI restart. Don't know what the difference is, but reboot starts the receiver from beginning.
 
I found here: http://wikidevi.com/wiki/D-Link_DWA-125_rev_A3 that my revision of the d-link dwa-125(rev.A3) have an RT 5370 ralink chipset, and on driver section of plugin download page on vix menu, i found that "drivers-network-usb-rt3070" driver will be good for my dongle.
I'll give it a try. Thanks again
 
It works. Thanks to all, the right driver i s rt-3070 that is designed for ralink RT-5370 that's inside my dwa-125(rev.A3) usb wifi dongle.
Thanks again.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top