Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] Help with Network Setup

MysteryMan

New member
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have just swapped my broadband provider and they have installed a new router which, of course, is set up differently!

I went into the OpenVix Network settings and made the changes that I thought were necessary, but, don't think I've got it quite right!

When I run the Network Test then it comes back with "Nameserver Unconfirmed".

Is Nameserver the same thing as DNS?

The router have values set of Primary and Secondary DNS.

I have tried setting the value of Nameserver to 192.168.2.1 (the router's IP address) and also the same as Primary DNS, but, still shows as "unconfirmed"

Can anyone help with other things to try and, also, tell me if this is important - do I need to fix it? Certainly don't recall seeing this with old router.

Thanks
 
your router should have automatically given your box and ip number. can you ftp in to your box? I think named server is your internet service provider.

the other thing is you are on an old image. it may be useful to reflash with latest 4.2 030 and start fresh install of everything. this may solve your issue.
 
Try setting your Name server(dns) to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Make sure your gateway is set to your routers ip address. Usually 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1. Ooops - I see your is 2. 1 at the end.
 
Thanks for replies.

Yes, I can ftp to box.

Good point about the image. I have downloaded the latest one and will install when I have a spare moment and take it from there
 
nb. You won't be able to do a settings restore moving from 4.1 to 4.2
 
nb. You won't be able to do a settings restore moving from 4.1 to 4.2

Oh, brilliant! Does that mean I need to set everything up from scratch then?

I wont lose recordings on HDD will I?
 
Recordings will be fine. In theory, you need to start from scratch, but things like timers and autotimers can be copied back afterwards.

There are plenty of posts discussing the finer details.
 
You can use
Code:
ifconfig
to see your ip address and use
Code:
cat /etc/resolv.conf
to display host name and DNS server.

Out of curiosity what routers use IP address range of 192.168.2.x ? I have only ever seen 192.168.0.x or 192.168.1.x
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top