Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

Help with Picon installation

Thanks for this, if I use your file on that link. configure it the same may, work; or my box is faulty.
 
@psionguy, please a screenshot of your picon path in the plugin menu. Please do not post a screenshot from openwebif settings.
 
this is my file from LCD4 and adapted mid screen (record not flashing anymore)

Deleted file.See earlyer in #13
 
Last edited:
@bellejt

Where have you set these paths. Please only post details about the options in the plugin menu.

config.PiconPath=/LCD4picon/
config.PiconPathAlt=/media/usb/LCD4picon/
 
the link was given but topic starter did not reply to that.Wil simply remove it.
 
To answer my own question, in the main menu, when you press the Blue button " Set On >> ", there is another menu where you can set the path.
 

Attachments

  • L4L picon config.webp
    L4L picon config.webp
    28 KB · Views: 9
As requested

I have noticed that when I change the settings to USB it reverts back to HDD after a re boot.

When you download picons from the download site are they automatically stored in Media usb or hdd?

I am begining to think this may be a hardware issue, although picons where working perfectly prior to the clean instal.
 

Attachments

  • 20220606_084515.webp
    20220606_084515.webp
    24.5 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
If you download picons from OpenViX feeds they will be stored wherever you specify before saving.
 
You are getting these, so it is finding the picons, a bit too many I think.

14:37:16 Piconsearch ['/media/usb/picon/1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png', '/media/usb/picon/BBC One HD.png', '/media/usb/picon/BBC One HD.png', '/media/usb/picon/bbconehd.png', '/media/usb/picon/BBC One HD.png', '/media/usb/picon/1_0_1_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png', '/media/hdd/picon/1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png', '/media/hdd/picon/BBC One HD.png', '/media/hdd/picon/BBC One HD.png', '/media/hdd/picon/bbconehd.png', '/media/hdd/picon/BBC One HD.png', '/media/usb/picon/1_0_1_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png', '/media/usb/picon/1_0_1_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png', '/media/hdd/picon/1_0_1_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png', '/media/usb/picon/picon_default.png']
14:37:16 load new Picon /media/usb/picon/1_0_1_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png
14:37:16 Push: 0.218 (0/0/0) Wait: 0.006

You are also getting these, which I think are the problem

14:37:17 Error write Picture

Please uninstall the picon pack using plugin menu and use MK ones or different one.
 
Have already done this, did notice their was way too many picons. so deleted and downloaded a new set, but has made no difference. I know it is finding them as they are on EPG. I have come to the conclusion that my VU Duo 2, which is very old is faulty,I notice their was another member who had the same problem, and it it was down to a couple of diodes which he replaced and fix the problem, so repair or a new box has to be my next option.

Thanks very much for your help, appreciated.
 
probably the box finds the picons and they are visible in EPG. Try to find the directory and see if the picons are referece mode expl 1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0.png and not channel names. Maybe that is the problem. Do you push save in the webif LCD4 ?
 
earlyer versions needed them.I do noty know if there has been a change cause I always use service reference picons (adapt my picons with picon manager)
 
LCD4Linux will use both SNP and SRP. The log above shows the ones it is finding. The screenshot I posted was also using SNPs.

If I remember correctly, there were 471 instances of "Error write Picture" in psionguy's log. To me, that is a software issue with creating the pictures on the LCD screen. We had another thread some time ago where the Ocram picons were not being rendered.

Anyway, the OP is convinced it is a hardware fault. We don't know which picon pack he is using.
 
LCD4Linux will use both SNP and SRP. The log above shows the ones it is finding. The screenshot I posted was also using SNPs.

If I remember correctly, there were 471 instances of "Error write Picture" in psionguy's log. To me, that is a software issue with creating the pictures on the LCD screen. We had another thread some time ago where the Ocram picons were not being rendered.

Anyway, the OP is convinced it is a hardware fault. We don't know which picon pack he is using.

I am happy to try different picon packs, any recommendations from the download section?
 
why don't you put screenshots from your LCD4 here so we can see what is wrong ?
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top