Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Solo2] How do I enable channel numbers on EPG with the MetrixHD skin?

whatsat

New member
Joined
Sep 6, 2013
Messages
81
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Always wondered this but never got round to asking.
So, how do I enable channel numbers on EPG with the MetrixHD skin?
 
Ain't channel numbering done by Abm? Is so got to Abm press menu, then show channel numbers.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Ain't channel numbering done by Abm? Is so got to Abm press menu, then show channel numbers.

Dont think you can turn any channel numbering on or off there mate. Anyone else know?
 
If you're referring to showing official sky numbering then EPG guide then the built-in doesn't support that option. Use can use AutoBouquet E2 28.2 from feeds as that's what I've had to do.

If you're using multi-sat then obviously official numbering couldn't be done for your sats as they would conflict.
 
If you're referring to showing official sky numbering then EPG guide then the built-in doesn't support that option. Use can use AutoBouquet E2 28.2 from feeds as that's what I've had to do.

If you're using multi-sat then obviously official numbering couldn't be done for your sats as they would conflict.

I have all the correct channel numbers showing when you change channel and when you go to the channel list etc...
Official sky numbering isnt the problem here.
The channel numbers just do not appear in the EPG in Metrix HD skin. They just need enabling some how?

Are you using Metrix HD skin?
 
Can you post screenshot or maybe clarify exactly where you want it?

If you're referring to official numbering not showing in EPG list before the channel name (eg "101 BBC One", "105 Channel 5") then you need that plugin I mentioned that option isn't available from built-in ABM.

A better example are the screenshots in my post here. That's what i'm referring to.
 
Yeah, I'll get some screenshots over the weekend.

It is the official numbering not showing in EPG list before the channel name (eg "101 BBC One", "105 Channel 5") that I a, referring to.

It was that post that you linked to that sparked my interest in this actually :). What skin are you using in that post?
 
The skin is BlueHD from feeds.

The only way of getting official numbering before channel name at this time is to use AutoBouquet E2 28.2 plugin from feeds as your bouquet maker instead of the built-in ABM.

I disabled the built-in one and use that plugin instead to generate bouquets.
 
ah okay, thanks.

Do you (or anyone else) know if it will become available in ABM?
 
ah okay, thanks.

Do you (or anyone else) know if it will become available in ABM?
I have already asked and I believe it would mean a re-write of the current abm.

It's not that easy to re-write because built-in ABM supports multiple sat's and cable as well and obviously you can't use same official channel numbering if using more than one provider as they would likely clash.

The AB 28.2 ABM plugin is designed purely for $ky so using that on it's own is fine.

I'm hoping it's introduced soon but obviously it wouldn't work for those use more than one provider.
 
I hope not as I wouldn't want channel numbering in EPG, looks untidy imo. I'm happy with channel numbering on info bar n channel lists but wouldn't want it in EPG, looks all squashed n horrid. But thats just me.
 
I hope not as I wouldn't want channel numbering in EPG, looks untidy imo. I'm happy with channel numbering on info bar n channel lists but wouldn't want it in EPG, looks all squashed n horrid. But thats just me.
It may depend on skin. I use BlueHD and if you see thread I linked to in an earlier post, I think it looks fine and makes it easier remembering the channel number if I decide to zap by entering channel number.
 
I hope not as I wouldn't want channel numbering in EPG, looks untidy imo. I'm happy with channel numbering on info bar n channel lists but wouldn't want it in EPG, looks all squashed n horrid. But thats just me.

Got to say I whole heartily agree with you on this one.
 
It may depend on skin. I use BlueHD and if you see thread I linked to in an earlier post, I think it looks fine and makes it easier remembering the channel number if I decide to zap by entering channel number.

I know the numbers I use from memory n just zap to em by typing it in. [emoji85]
But again thats me n my preference.
 
Just out of curiosity, do people navigate through/select channels using the EPG system or Channel lists/bouquets?

I use the EPG system for EPG and setting timers. Channel hopping is done through bouquets/numbers.
 
Personally I only G-EPG for setting timers, for every thing else I use the channel lists / bouquets section.
 
Just out of curiosity, do people navigate through/select channels using the EPG system or Channel lists/bouquets?

I use the EPG system for EPG and setting timers. Channel hopping is done through bouquets/numbers.
It depends, if I'm just browsing to see what is on then I will just go through EPG but if I'm wanting to jump to movies or sports then I use sectional bouquet.
 
ah okay, thanks.
Do you (or anyone else) know if it will become available in ABM?

ABM will not be rewritten to change channel descriptions and put the LCN number in front of the description.
ABM is made to make bouquets from the providers information in the TS streams as is.

Showing LCN numbers (someones called this the 'official number') in the G-EPG has nothing to do with ABM.
That's part of E2.
 
I already asked for numbering in graffic EPG list a while ago (1 year).Never had any positive reaction on it.Would be easy to have.Had it for years on my cable tv and is still so.In menu there is an option to enable it but numbers are not showing in EPG.Are positive showing on channel EPG.
 
I already asked for numbering in graffic EPG list a while ago (1 year).Never had any positive reaction on it.Would be easy to have.Had it for years on my cable tv and is still so.In menu there is an option to enable it but numbers are not showing in EPG.Are positive showing on channel EPG.

But it's not easy and never has been, plus there are lots of other contributing factors that have to be taken into place.


Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top