If you only use one provider and that is $ky then use AB E2 28.2 plugin.I do understand that.Was just a question if somebody would feel able to do it.Personaly I have no experiance programming in linux. PS: and to old already to start![]()
It is, however, possible to code the G-EPG to display the channel number before the channel name but I also realise that this has it's problems because even if one just uses 28.2, the channel numbers for those within sectional bouquets (eg Movies, Sports, etc) are cumulative numbers (I believe that's how Abu explained it to me) so "Sky Premier" when choosing channel from "Movies" bouquet starts at 1400 (or something like that) but choosing the exact same channel "Sky Premier" from the main bouquet keeps to the official sky numbering.Showing LCN numbers (someones called this the 'official number') in the G-EPG has nothing to do with ABM.
That's part of E2.
Just use AB E2 28.2 plugin and leave ABM as it is. Problem solved. [emoji4]
The thing is the even AB E2 28.2 does not support channel numbers in the G-EPG, it physically renames the channel to include the number before the name, which is just plain messy and wrong in my opinion.
Yeah I know, I like how ABM is now. I'm happy to have numbering in Bouquet listing, I'm happy to have channel numbering on my infobar, I just don't see the point of having the numbering in G-EPG, will look hideous with too much stuff going on imo.
<< I never thought of it like that buddy, I learn summat new everyday. lol. No place for them scums on here imo buddy.Then again I am against locking the image menu's down with parental controls as this just feeds the scumbag pay server lot selling their crap on ebay and the likes, but that was added in any way much to my disgust.
I like this option but what I don't like is channel numbers being the accumulative versions when going through say "Movies" bouquet. I got asked by my OH that is there really thousands of channels available on $ky because the "Movies" bouquet had channel numbers in range of 1000+. The work-around of using official channel numbering within the channel name (although not idea I admit) works now with AB 28.2 ABM plugin so no matter if I use the "Movies" bouquet I get channel numbers 301+ rather than the artificial ones of over 1000.I'm happy to have numbering in Bouquet listing, I'm happy to have channel numbering on my infobar...
Why aren't you using 'alternative numbering mode'? This way all bouquets starts at '1'.I like this option but what I don't like is channel numbers being the accumulative versions when going through say "Movies" bouquet. I got asked by my OH that is there really thousands of channels available on $ky because the "Movies" bouquet had channel numbers in range of 1000+. The work-around of using official channel numbering within the channel name (although not idea I admit) works now with AB 28.2 ABM plugin so no matter if I use the "Movies" bouquet I get channel numbers 301+ rather than the artificial ones of over 1000.
I have seen that option but never turned it on as I just thought it puts 1 at beginning of bouquets. Does it also stop the accumulative number appearing so "movies" sectional bouquet would start at 301+ (ie following official numbering) rather than the current 1000+ number range.Why aren't you using 'alternative numbering mode'? This way all bouquets starts at '1'.
I have seen that option but never turned it on as I just thought it puts 1 at beginning of bouquets. Does it also stop the accumulative number appearing so "movies" sectional bouquet would start at 301+ (ie following official numbering) rather than the current 1000+ number range.
Yeah I know, I like how ABM is now. I'm happy to have numbering in Bouquet listing, I'm happy to have channel numbering on my infobar, I just don't see the point of having the numbering in G-EPG, will look hideous with too much stuff going on imo.
Not everybody are like us & know the channel numbers off by heart. People that are not familiar with the E2 setup and are more used to sky/virgin etc will just push the EPG button and search for a channel/program through the guide.
This is why having channel numbers in EPG would make the whole setup more user friendly in my opinion.
I never use G-EPG to zap. It is slow, because it have to process a lot of EPG data (and I only have 2 days EPG)
Better to use arrow up/down and zap in that screen. You also can see EPG while zapping through the channels.
Also switching bouquets is easy that way (blue button).
Go into user interface settings and set "show channel numbers in infobar" to yes and green button to save.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk