Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Uno] How to flash latest image - using image manager method - with wifi adapter

timofee

Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2014
Messages
589
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Tried to update from 4.2.012 to 4.2.030.

All went ok until I got to the settings restore wizard option. It then said could not proceed without an internet connection. The box booted up and was working, but it had no internet connection.

I'm using a wifi dongle that needs the rtl8192cu driver. Without an internet connection to the box I can't download the driver. I had to restore back to the 4.2.012 image.

Is there a method of doing this update using just the wifi dongle.

Thanks
 
The rtl8192cu driver is pre-installed, so the dongle should be configurable after the first reboot.
 
I mistyped in first post - I need the rtl8192eu driver - (not the rtl8192cu version which is pre-installed).
 
To install items from the plugin server, you need an internet connection. A plugin restore is in essence automatically re-install.
 
Can't you use an Ethernet connection ?
 
I will have to get a long cable. Also it will take a little longer to change the settings from wifi to wired, and then back again afterwards.

Anyway, now I know about the problem.

I did not realise that you could not perform the image update method if your box only has wifi internet. I have not seen any warning about this before.
 
I don't think the rtl8192eu driver has ever been pre-installed (could be wrong), so you'll never have been able to use image manager to update, without having to use an Ethernet connection.

All you need to do is enable the Ethernet connection in network settings and follow the dialogue.
 
Last edited:
This is an old box, but in a new location. And in the new location the wifi network was the best way to connect.

I've done image manager updates many times before, but this was the first time with a wifi internet connection.

As I said, I can't remember any warnings about the problems with Image Manager when using a wifi connection.
 
There are no problems with using image manager with a wifi connection if the drivers are pre-installed in the image.

I use it all the time.

Restore new image release => settings restore (no plugins) => reboot => settings restore including plugins.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top