C
carsmile
Guest
Hullo everyone,
Firstly, if I'm posting this in the wrong area of the forum, please forgive me - I have no idea where to start.
I have to spend a lot of time in hospital, and if anyone has this misfortune, they will know how rubbish and expensive watching TV in hospital is!
At home, I have a Vusolo2 box installed, along with a high speed Virgin Media connection.
On my tablet at home, I can connect to the Vusolo2 via my WIFI and can watch any of the channels anywhere within the WIFI range.
(I use the address http://192.168.0.01 then the number my box is assigned to, then use the OpenWebif page to select a channel, which then opens with VLC).
What I'm hoping to do, is to simply connect to my Vusolo2 when I'm not at home, example being - watch any of my channels when I'm in hospital.
I seriously have no idea on how to accomplish this, and dare not try anything in case I mess up badly.
If anyone can provide me with an idiot proof guide - Step 1, Step 2 etc on how to do this, I would be a very happy person, armed with my tablet for my next round of hospital tratment!
Fingers crossed, and best wishes,
Carsmile.
Firstly, if I'm posting this in the wrong area of the forum, please forgive me - I have no idea where to start.
I have to spend a lot of time in hospital, and if anyone has this misfortune, they will know how rubbish and expensive watching TV in hospital is!
At home, I have a Vusolo2 box installed, along with a high speed Virgin Media connection.
On my tablet at home, I can connect to the Vusolo2 via my WIFI and can watch any of the channels anywhere within the WIFI range.
(I use the address http://192.168.0.01 then the number my box is assigned to, then use the OpenWebif page to select a channel, which then opens with VLC).
What I'm hoping to do, is to simply connect to my Vusolo2 when I'm not at home, example being - watch any of my channels when I'm in hospital.
I seriously have no idea on how to accomplish this, and dare not try anything in case I mess up badly.
If anyone can provide me with an idiot proof guide - Step 1, Step 2 etc on how to do this, I would be a very happy person, armed with my tablet for my next round of hospital tratment!
Fingers crossed, and best wishes,
Carsmile.





