Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Internal DVB-C tuners non-functional

pmatil

New member
Joined
May 8, 2016
Messages
72
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Finland
So I just got a new Duo 2 a few days ago with 2 x internal Dual DVB-C/T2 tuners (using DVB-C, 4 tuners total). Played around with the factory image to verify that the hw is working.

Then I decided I want to try the new OpenVIX image and I selected the latest on the website: 4.1.008. Unzipped the vuplus folder on a USB stick and started the box. Update went fine, the box then rebooted and OpenVIX started. During the intialization phase I only selected Language (skipped the IP settings) and then proceeded to automatic channel search (also with default settings).

The channel search took ages, like 1.5 hours but in the end all the channels were found. After this I got no picture, nothing. Only the OpenVIX desktop(?) image was there. All the menus work but I just don't get any signal. I tried to reboot the box, no effect. Then I tried to retune the channels but I get an error: failedfe_read_adap and failedpll_read_adap flashing constantly and then tuning failed.

I flashed a previous image, the 004 but I got no signal from the start and the above errors too. Have I broken the tuners? Well, I then flashed the factory image back and phew they work just fine.

I'm not really familiar with the box but this looks like a driver issue? Or do I need to install an older version of OpenVIX before upgrading to the latest version? I am familiar with Linux though, just not this one.
 
Personally I would use ABM (ViX's built in AutoBouquetsMaker), also in tuner config you need select if you want DVB-C or DVB-T or DVB-T2, so if you are wanting Cable you need to select DVB-C.
Personally I would start from scratch, fresh install 4.1-008, don't use automatic scan, use ABM, which can be found; Menu > Setup > Service Searching > ABM.
Also note, I always setup my receivers with all the other settings first (I.e. A/V settings, Audio, Timeshift, CrossEPG, Plugins etc) and I always use ABM last to scan my channels followed by CrossEPG downloader.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Last edited:
Hi Andy, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately it was a PEBKAC. I assumed the same logic for tuning as with the factory image: select generic tuning, frequency ranges ALL EU + QAM128, QAM256. For OpenVIX I needed to select my cable provider from the list. Then I got all the channels! Thanks again and sorry for being hasty. Using the latest 4.1.008 now.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top