Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £129! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £179! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo2] Internet Connection Problem

E2Royal

Forum Supporter ,
Joined
May 15, 2010
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Age
82
Location
UK
Hello
Could there be a problem with the Network function of VIX?
The Network setup for Ethernet is straightforward and all the tests on completion show a connection.
Both DreamboxEdit and FileZilla can access the sat receiver.
However, when I try any menu action from the VIX menu that requires the internet, such as check for a software update, I get an error message saying:
Your Vu+ Duo2 has no internet connection and suggests I check the ip address/port and cables.

Really strange. Any ideas?
 
Hello
Could there be a problem with the Network function of VIX?
The Network setup for Ethernet is straightforward and all the tests on completion show a connection.
Both DreamboxEdit and FileZilla can access the sat receiver.
However, when I try any menu action from the VIX menu that requires the internet, such as check for a software update, I get an error message saying:
Your Vu+ Duo2 has no internet connection and suggests I check the ip address/port and cables.

Really strange. Any ideas?
Sounds like there is a problem with either the configured router address (which would stop you getting off your home network) or your DNS resolver (which would stop the box resolving names, which it will need to do for those services).
Or both of these.
 
Thanks for that.
I occasionally do find I lose my internet connection from my Win10 PC and troubleshooting says DNS resolver problem no ip address.

By tuning the Virgin modem on/off always fixes the problem.

Does not fix this issue.

I'll look at the settings everywhere
 
Thanks for that.
I occasionally do find I lose my internet connection from my Win10 PC and troubleshooting says DNS resolver problem no ip address.

By tuning the Virgin modem on/off always fixes the problem.

Does not fix this issue.

I'll look at the settings everywhere

hard rest your router may help. disconnect the box first, hard reset and let router boot up, plug box up with ethnet cable and wait. you may need to restart bo
 
My network arrangement is as follows:

Virgin Media Modem only to Netgear R7000 Router to another Netgear R7000 with VPN all in series.
 
do u have a dns server running on your network such as Pi-hole that could be blocking the domain name being resolved.
 
Hi,
on the box are DNS and gateway IP showing the IP of your router? gateway must point to your router, DNS can. For DNS you can also use 8.8.8.8.

ciao
 
Did you resolve this issue?

Just bought a Gigablue UHD UE 4K from WoS which came with this version of OpenVix and am seeing the same behaviour. Network config all looks fine, I can access the box through telnet and openwebif and package update through webif appears to work - all of which suggests it does have internet access. But the GUI interface claims no internet access when I go to the software update or plugins menu.

Cannot see any activity in the router log (openwrt) when I choose the menu options. Don't know how it is determining if it has internet access.
 
Did you resolve this issue?

Just bought a Gigablue UHD UE 4K from WoS which came with this version of OpenVix and am seeing the same behaviour. Network config all looks fine, I can access the box through telnet and openwebif and package update through webif appears to work - all of which suggests it does have internet access. But the GUI interface claims no internet access when I go to the software update or plugins menu.

Cannot see any activity in the router log (openwrt) when I choose the menu options. Don't know how it is determining if it has internet access.

Access to googles dns? I vaguely remember having this issue when blocking googles dns.
 
Access to googles dns? I vaguely remember having this issue when blocking googles dns.

That's the problem. I'd redirected google DNS requests to my own server years ago when using a Chromecast to watch US Netflix. Removed the rules on my firewall and it's all working now.
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top