Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[GiGaBlue UHD QUAD 4K] Is 25 fps judder fixed?

goo

Member
Joined
Apr 12, 2022
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Points
6
Have you changed something wrt video playback in OpenVix 6.6?

Picture panning judder (worst on GBQuad4K) when watching 25 fps recordings (all Freeview and Freesat) seems to have stopped.
It used to mean pausing and unpausing playback to fix it, and could be quite annoying.

I have tried skipping back and forwards through recorded 25 fps panning scenes and cannot seem to get it to judder any more.
My TV hasn't updated, so unless the broadcasted video has changed, whatever you have done with the last update, don't undo it.
 
Have you changed something wrt video playback in OpenVix 6.6?

Picture panning judder (worst on GBQuad4K) when watching 25 fps recordings (all Freeview and Freesat) seems to have stopped.
It used to mean pausing and unpausing playback to fix it, and could be quite annoying.

I have tried skipping back and forwards through recorded 25 fps panning scenes and cannot seem to get it to judder any more.
My TV hasn't updated, so unless the broadcasted video has changed, whatever you have done with the last update, don't undo it.

Are you sure that you were not previously outputting 50Hz content at 60Hz?
 
Have you changed something wrt video playback in OpenVix 6.6?

Picture panning judder (worst on GBQuad4K) when watching 25 fps recordings (all Freeview and Freesat) seems to have stopped.
It used to mean pausing and unpausing playback to fix it, and could be quite annoying.

I have tried skipping back and forwards through recorded 25 fps panning scenes and cannot seem to get it to judder any more.
My TV hasn't updated, so unless the broadcasted video has changed, whatever you have done with the last update, don't undo it.

Well videomode was significantly changed so that it actually plays whatever is specified in the stream (even when for instance it starts at 50fps and changes to 24fps) - you need to set auto in video settings - but this was done 4 months ago.
 
It's possible it was fixed before 6.6 and I hadn't noticed, but not 4 months!
I haven't changed any video settings since well before 6.6 update and I think I tried every possible permutation of video settings to try and fix it in the past.
I never had any judder with 24, 30, or 60Hz video in the past, if the actual video was ok, only 25/50hz.
 
It sounds like you had a mismatch in frame rates between your TV and the GBQuad4K. All European domestic SD/HD TV is transmitted at 50 interlaced fields per second (25 frames/second), with some experimental transmissions at 25 progressive frames. If you had the GBQuad4K set for 60Hz, then I'd expect that you would get some judder on panning shots. If it was a commonplace problem we would see lots of problem reports from TV viewers. I have a GB Quad Plus (not 4K capable) and I've never had any judder issues with my AV settings set to 50Hz and using 1080i or 1080p. I've experimented with auto mode in order to play back files with 24/30/60 frame rates but that introduced HDMI handshake delays on rate change with my older Samsung TV, so I just stuck to using a dedicated media player with Kodi, rather than trying to use the GB Quad for other than broadcast files. I've upgraded my AVR and TV recently, so I may try to experiment with varying frame rates again on the Quad:D
 
Judder is probably more noticeable on an OLED, but it was much less annoying on my ZGemma H7C, connected to the same TV, with the the same Vix image and the same available video settigs (some settings weren't available on the Zgemma image).
I definitely didn't have it set to 60Hz. I had it set to 'Multi 50/60' or whatever it used to be, and I tried all the options that used to be there, like play 1080 25hz as 50hz.
I now have it set to 'Auto 24/50/60' and no longer seem to have judder. Maybe some setting has changed during the update, or a setting I should have changed before has been forced.
 
Judder is probably more noticeable on an OLED, but it was much less annoying on my ZGemma H7C, connected to the same TV, with the the same Vix image and the same available video settigs (some settings weren't available on the Zgemma image).
I definitely didn't have it set to 60Hz. I had it set to 'Multi 50/60' or whatever it used to be, and I tried all the options that used to be there, like play 1080 25hz as 50hz.
I now have it set to 'Auto 24/50/60' and no longer seem to have judder. Maybe some setting has changed during the update, or a setting I should have changed before has been forced.

Auto 24/50/60 is the best setting if your box supports it and was introduced with the videomode changes
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top