Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K SE. Crazy offer! Only £99! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, Multiboot 4 images & more!...
Superb quality and spec AB-Com PULSe 4K Rev II Twin Satellite tuner only £149! FREE UK DELIVERY! 4K UHD, Enigma 2, SATA HDD facility, Multiboot 4 images & more!...

[VU+ Duo4K SE] Is there a video player for .fln files?

sandiego69

Forum Supporter
Donated Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2013
Messages
218
Reaction score
0
Points
16
I am looking for a player that will work with fln videos.

I downloaded VLC but it is asking for 'servers' and all I want is a player.

Is there anything that can play these files?

Also, if possible, a 'plugin' for my Fransat Ci+
 
Last edited:
Hi,
flv stands for flash video and on my Solo2 the standard video player will play most of these files. Check if you have installed gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-flv

Ralf
 
Cannot find the plugin mentioned anywhere in Plugins.
 
Strictly, I think FLV is a container format that can hold several different kinds of compressed video, ranging from somewhat obscure old video codecs up to modern H.264 video with AAC+ sound.
Particular players may or may not understand all or any of these formats.
 
Last edited:
Hi,
try in telnet
opkg list-installed | grep flv or
opkg install gstreamer1.0-plugins-good-flv

Ralf
 
Thanks for suggestion however I have no clue how to use Tenet. I don't know where to begin. Is there a file I can download and FTP (which I do use) to the box?
 
Thanks for the suggestions however, how do you use these two programs?
 
I am looking for a player that will work with fln videos.

I downloaded VLC but it is asking for 'servers' and all I want is a player.

Is there anything that can play these files?

Also, if possible, a 'plugin' for my Fransat Ci+

I suspect you downloaded VLS, not VLC media player.
 
Hi,
the VLC plugin for Enigma2 is (was?) not VLC. It is a client for VLC on a PC thats why it asks for a server. The server will be used for transcoding a video.

Ralf
 
So what is the bottom line? What exactly do I need to do in order to play flv video files?
 
if you are happy to play them on a PC, VLC player will play flv files. Just drag the FLV file into the VLC player window

search for VLC player on Google
 
Last edited:
Thanks for suggestion. I understand the method of using VLC on my PC but I want to be able to play the files stored in my Duo 4K on the TV.
 
Hi,
you must learn to handle telnet and check if the correct gstreamer plugin is installed as I showed above.

Ralf
 

OpenViX Feeds Status

Back
Top